Antacids are substances which reduce acidity in the stomach. They act in two ways, neutralize the acid produced in stomach or reduce its production from the stomach cells. Acid in stomach acts upon the food that we eat, which then passes into the intestine for …
Acid secreted in stomach aids in digestion and breakdown of food. The key ingredient of stomach acid is hydrochloric acid. When there is high level of acid secretion in stomach we refer to the condition as hyperacidity. Hyperacidity may cause heartburn, pain in stomach and …
You may have experienced at some point in your life, heartburn and pain in the stomach. Both this symptoms are related to excess production of stomach acid, the condition we usually call hyperacidity or acid indigestion. Actually our stomach secretes acid and digestive juices to …
Bad Heartburn Symptoms
- Heavy or sharp burning sensation in the chest. The sensation normally starts behind the sternum or the breastbone or in the ribcage area and can extend up to the throat. The sensation occurs a few seconds after eating and can last for
Heartburn is a painful or burning sensation in the esophagus caused by the regurgitation of gastric acid from the stomach. It is a very common source of discomfort in this day and age and instant relief can be achieved with the use of natural remedies.…
Hyperacidity and Heartburn Prevention Measures:
The following tips will help prevent hyperacidity and heartburn.
- Limit the intake of spicy foods. This is because such foods trigger the release of stomach acids that may later cause hyperacidity and heartburn.
- Increase the intake of fruits and
Hyperacidity and Heartburn Remedies:
The most important step that one has to take in order to treat hyperacidity and heartburn is to make lifestyle changes. Specifically, one should learn to avoid food and activities that cause them. Here, it is vital to keep a record …
Hyperacidity and Heartburn Diet:
The following are the dietary considerations for those who are prone to hyperacidity and heartburn:
- One’s diet must have fresh vegetables. In order to better pacify gastric juices, one must include vegetables whose taste leans towards the bitter and astringent tastes.
Hyperacidity and Heartburn Causes:
Because of the similarities between the two, they have several causes that apply to both of them. These are the following causes.
- Due to anxiety, tension, pressure and worry. This happens when a person is saddled with heavy thoughts on something
Acidity and heart burn are invariably associated with GERD (gastro esophageal disease) or NUD (non ulcer dyspepsia. prompt treatment is of utmost importance in order to prevent gruesome complications such as: gastritis, peptic ulcer and cancer.
Signs Of Hyperacidity and Heartburn
- In hyperacidity and heartburn,