Innumerable hair care products are available in the market today; however, they contain a lot of harsh chemicals. Thus, it is highly prudent to use natural products to keep your hair and scalp clean. There are a host of home remedies to chose from.
Hair Cleaning Remedy
The following natural home remedies are recommended for hair care:
- Fenugreek seeds: fenugreek seeds have always been used in hair care.
- Soap nut: soap nut is very effective to clean your scalp; and it works just like shampoo.
- Lime: lime or lemon is an excellent scalp cleaner. They wipe out grease, grime and excess oil efficiently. Also, they tone up the scalp and prevent dandruff and infections; keeping the hair clean and shiny.
Hair Cleansing Recipe
It is always prudent to cut down your usage of chemical hair care products. What’s more, it is very easy to make your own hair cleaner at home using natural ingredients. You can make your own hair and scalp cleaning product at home using the following. You will need:
- A mild shampoo 50 ml
- Lavender essential oil 5 drops
- Tea tree essential oil 5 drops
- Wheat germ oil 10 drops
- Honey 1 spoon
Blend these together and use as a hair wash. Lather well and then rinse.
Natural Hair Cleansing Conditioners
- Curd / yogurt: yogurt is a wonderful hair conditioner. It provides good quality protein to the scalp, making the hair and scalp healthy. What’s more it also keeps the hair clean and healthy. Massage some yogurt in to the hair and scalp and keep for 15 minutes. Wash off well.
- Avocado: scoop out the pulp from the fruit and blend in the blender. Add 5 drops of olive oil. Avocado provides your hair with the choicest of nutrients, particularly vitamin E and vitamin A. Olive oil nourishes the scalp and fights dryness. Apply this pack to the hair and keep for 2 hours. Let the blend penetrate deep in to the scalp. If possible wrap the scalp with a warm towel, for better penetration. This hair pack works wonders for your hair. Use it twice a week.
- Rose water: boil about 20 rose petals in water. Let them simmer for half an hour. Then cool and use in the last rinse after you have washed your hair. Rose cools the scalp and gives a sheen to the hair.