When it comes to burning of calories or body fats, we all focus to do it by all means during daytime. We exercise, eat specific foods, do body workout and cardio to burn body fats. But very few know that even while sleeping it is possible to push body’s metabolic activities on high gear to burn fat. In fact, of the 24 hours the most opportune time to burn body fat is while you are sleeping.
Of course there is no doubt that you can melt those extra fats by doing exercise or various activities during daytime. But if we consider basal metabolism of fat, than there is no other better time than 8 hour sleep.
How To Burn Body Fat While Sleeping Naturally?
Below are few easy ways that you can follow to burn fat while you are fast asleep.
- Drink casein shake: People always take whey protein after a workout, but it is rapidly absorbed and digested.
- Eat Cottage cheese and legumes: Cottage cheese and plant based proteins are rich source of casein. Eat cottage cheese before going to sleep. Cottage cheese also contains amino acid tryptophan. This amino acid is known to improve sleep quality. It also makes you sleep faster. Thus cottage cheese before bedtime serves two purposes; it helps to burn fats while you are sleeping and ensures good night sleep for 8 hours.
- Sleep well for 8 hours: Sleeping for 7 to 8 hours is known to keep you thin and slim. All credit goes to hormone leptin. There are two hormones leptin and ghrelin, the former helps to keep appetite under control. Ghrelin increases hunger. According to study, people who sleep well for 7 to 8 hours have increased amount of leptin and decrease level of ghrelin. As a result during day time those who have sound nighttime sleep will be less hungry throughout the day.
- Eat small meals 5 to 6 times: Eat small meals 5 to 6 times at an interval of 2 to 3 hours. This tip is given by almost all dieticians for losing weight. Eating small meals keeps your metabolism working not only all through the day but keeps it busy even when you are sleeping. Thus it ensures to burn fat even during night when you are asleep.
- After dinner eat fruits, especially citrus fruits such as oranges, guava, tangerines, tomatoes, grapefruit, strawberries etc. Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C. This vitamin is known to encourage fat burning capacity in the body. Drinking fresh juice of any of this fruits one hour before sleeping also helps to burn fat during night when you are sleeping.