What Is Bromelain?
Bromelain is an extract from pineapple stem and the fruit of pineapple. It has several known and proven benefits that could treat various illnesses.
- Bromelain is proven effective in maintaining a healthy heart since it reduces the development of blood clots and the formation of plaque in the arteries.
- It is also good in preventing coagulated blood clots in the blood vessels thus decreasing the risk of heart problems.
- Bromelain is a protein digesting enzyme that could break down proteins in inflamed tissues thereby relieving an individual who is suffering from muscle pain and spasms.
- Bromelain also offers the same quercetin bromelain known to be capable in preventing cancer cells from developing.
- It also aids in speeding up the recovery of torn ligaments by significantly reducing pain and swelling of the infected area.
- It also has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties so taking it is very helpful to patients with arthritis.
- It can also treat various skin infections caused by bacteria and certain viruses.
- Bromelain helps in repairing joints.
- It can treat skin inflammation and intense itching.
- Bromelain is also a major ingredient of products for treating burns and in eradicating dead skin cells from the body.
- It is also proven beneficial for the upper respiratory tract as it helps in treating sinusitis, bronchitis and in dispelling accumulated mucus in the lungs.
- It can treat abdominal pain and other gastrointestinal problems.