Fever blisters are small blisters occurring at the angle of the mouth, on the lips and near the folds of the nasal cavity. They are also called cold sores. They are small red, painful fluid filled blisters.
Causes Of Fever Blisters
- Fever blisters occur when a person suffers from cold, fever, stress, injury on the lips, or in a rundown condition.
- These blisters are caused due to herpes simplex virus type 1 and 2. They are very contagious, when our body immunity is decreased; the herpes virus attacks our body forming blisters.
- In some cases it is the reactivation of the dormant virus present in our body.
Symptoms Of Cold Sores
- Burning and tingling before the appearance of the blisters.
- Small fluid filled blisters around the mouth.
- Pain and redness present
- Mild swelling in some cases.
Home Remedy and Treatment For Fever Blisters
- Fever blister remains for 10 days to 14 days; if they persist for more days it is advisable to consult a doctor.
- Treating fever blister with tea tree oil: tea tree oil is produced from Australian paperbark tree and is used in many skin conditions locally.
- If the blisters are painful you can also apply whole milk on the affected lips and corners of the mouth. Just be sure to wash the area after some time.
- Apply aloe gel on the blisters to get relief.
- Increase your immunity level by taking proper food containing vitamins, and minerals.
- Avoid stress, and alcohol and other habits.
- Vitamin B-complex supplementation may help to avoid in recurring fever blister problem
- Apply witch hazel on the blisters.