What is Male Yeast Infection?
- Yeast infection is a type of fungal infection or candida infection frequently talked about, as infection of women. Male yeast infection is generally overlooked, until it creates other problems with their health.
- Men can develop yeast infection, although it is not as common as it occurs in women. The outbreak of yeast infection can be anywhere in the body, but the most common location of male yeast infection is in the mouth, skin, gastrointestinal tract and genitals.
- The common cause of male yeast infection is prolonged use of antibiotics, sex, weak immune system, alcohol, beer, diabetes etc.
- The contributory foods are white flour, corn starch and corn products, sugar and sweets.
- Most often yeast infection spreads due to destruction of good bacteria in the digestive tract. This allows the yeast fungi to thrive and spread to other parts of the body.
Symptoms of Male Yeast Infection
The common symptoms encountered in male yeast infection are:
- Itching at the site of skin infection.
- Bad breath from mouth.
- Mouth thrush.
- Burning in mouth.
- Indigestion, bloating of abdomen.
- Itching, burning and soreness on the head of penis.
- Pungent discharge from the head of penis.
- Dry skin, jock itch, flaky skin, athlete’s feet.
- Lack of energy.
- Memory loss
Treatment to Get Rid of Male Yeast Infection
Male yeast infection can be treated with multiple approaches depending on the severity of the infection. Conventional anti fungal tablets, anti fungal ointments, home remedies and changes in lifestyle and diet are the main tools for treating yeast infection.
Home remedy for male yeast infection:
- Yogurt is a natural home remedy for male yeast infection. The bacteria present in yogurt kill the thriving yeast infection in the gut. Therefore include yogurt in your regular diet.
- Control diabetes if you are suffering from it.
- Avoid sweets as yeast thrives on sugar.
- Avoid beer and alcohol.
- Tea tree oil is another well proved remedy for male yeast infection. Its anti fungal properties help to fight candida infection.
- Apply diluted tea tree oil on the affected part.
- Incorporate garlic in your regular food. It is effective in treating yeast infection men.