Tinnitus is a condition in which one hears constant ringing or buzzing in the ear. It may be persistent or may come and go. Natural treatment options help alleviate the degree of buzzing or ringing and prevent a further aggravation.
Tinnitus Natural Treatment
- There have been a range of herbs used to manage tinnitus.
- Gingko biloba, various Chinese herbs, sesame seeds, black cohosh, sunflower seeds, spinach, pumpkin seeds and onion juice has been utilized beneficially and effectively to treat tinnitus.
- These remedies promise to increase the supply of blood to the ears and thus help in optimal functioning. The considerably relieve the buzzing sound.
- In addition to the above mentioned herbs and remedies, you can also supplement your diet with vitamin and mineral pills.
- Vitamin formulations have also been used successfully in the management of tinnitus. Incorporate a supplement containing vitamin C, Vitamin A, vitamin B complex, Vitamin E, and Zinc, in to your daily diet.
- Most importantly, eliminating the cause of tinnitus is essential.
- If the buzzing / ringing is due to loud noise then wear ear plugs. Avoid listening to music loudly on MP3 players. Also, practice de-stressing techniques. Reducing stress level helps diminish tinnitus.
- Regular Pranayama and Yoga have been found to be decidedly effective. Yoga has a holistic effect over the entire body. Yogi deep breathing, Brahmari, and Anuloma Viloma are particularly useful. Daily practice reduces the symptoms of tinnitus efficiently.
- One of the things you can do to help treat tinnitus when it is caused by nasal problems or a clogged nose or even by blowing your nose too much is to make a saline-based nasal spray. Mix together some salt and some glycerine. Add this to a pint of lukewarm to warm water and spray into each nostril.
- Some people simply chew dried fruits like prunes or raisins to help increase the blood circulation to their ears. This sometimes helps remove the humming and the buzzing that they hear.
- Castor oil can also be used as a remedy for tinnitus. What you need to do is to put a few drops, around two to three, in each ear and let it stay in your ear by putting a small ball of cotton on the opening of the ear.
- Onion juice is also an effective way to help treat tinnitus. Just peel and puree a whole onion and strain to get the juice. Put this in a dropper and put a drop of this in your ear. Do this every other day until the symptoms of tinnitus disappear.