Itching is often a symptom of a skin disorder or disease. However, it can also mean other things, including internal diseases or merely an allergic reaction to a food item or drug. It can also be caused by psychological triggers.
Severe Itching All Over Body
- When there is severe itching affecting the whole body, chances are the problem is either on the skin or internal to have produced that potent effect.
- When the severe itching is caused by a skin disorder, often it is accompanied by welts or red marks on the body. This could by caused by various microorganisms, including fungi and bacteria.
- Prolonged exposure to the sun is also a culprit. It can cause sunburns that could peel off the skin and cause itchiness of the whole body.
- It is also possible that the itching is caused by psychological conditions or triggers such as stress and anxiety.
Severe Itching All Over Body with Rash
- When the severe itching is accompanied by rashes, it is possible that it is caused by an allergic reaction to medication or certain triggers, including food, dust, and pollen.
- In these cases, the patient should consult a doctor or drink anti-allergy medication as the allergic reaction may cause more problems inside the body.
Causes Severe Itching All Over Body
- There are plenty of causes for severe itching:
- Psychological problems/triggers.
- Allergic reaction to food, dust, medication, and other triggers.
- Systemic diseases such as liver and kidney disease.
- Skin problems.
- Treatment of the condition will depend on the cause.
- Most of the time, for psychological origins and allergic reactions, the treatment is the removal of the trigger.
- For skin and systemic diseases, treating the root cause will usually treat the itching.