Asparagus belongs to the family of onion, lily and garlic. It is mainly cultivated in European countries. But in recent times, asparagus is also available in many other countries. The green variety of asparagus is more common than the white variety.
Nutrients Present In Asparagus
Folic acid, vitamin B- complex, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and fiber.
Also see on Cottage Cheese with Less Calories
Benefits Of Eating Asparagus
- It is low in calories and high in vitamin and fiber content.
- It is rich in folic acid; folic acid is needed in pregnant women to prevent birth defects in the fetus.
- Asparagus is a natural folic acid supplement in pregnant women.
- Benefits of asparagus are known since centuries for constipation. It helps to facilitate regular bowel movement due to its rich fiber content.
- Asparagus is also a natural diuretic.
- The health benefit of eating asparagus is due to its presence of glutathione.
- It helps to get rid of warts.
- Helps to lower hypertension as it contains low sodium content and no cholesterol.
- Asparagus prevents scurvy due to vitamin C.
- Eating asparagus benefits in preventing varicose veins.
- It slows down aging process.
Also see Benefits of Eating Pineapples & Eating Celery Sticks for Health