Apricots are nutrient dense foods. The offer the following health benefits:
- Treat constipation: Apricots are loaded with dietary fiber. They regularize the bowel movement, ease constipation, add bulk to the feces, and keep the GI tract functioning optimally.
- Apricots manage dyspepsia: the fruit leaves an alkaline ash, after digestion, and effectively treats indigestion, dyspeptic attacks and acidity. Begin your day with 2 apricots.
- Treat anemia: dried apricots are packed with iron; and successfully, manage the symptoms of anemia, i.
- Apricots manage skin ailments: the fruit is chockfull of vitamin A, and important vitamin for skin care. It is known to treat eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis.
Health Benefits of Apricots
The nutritional highlights of apricots are:
- Apricot supplies liberal amounts of vitamin A, which is essential for skin and hair health, and also fighting free radicals.
- The fruit also supplies large quantities of lycopene, a powerful anti-oxidant that hunts out and kills free radicals.
- The fruit also provides vitamin C, iron, potassium and natural sugars.
Also see on Do Placenta Help Milk Production
Dried Apricots Benefits
- Apricots can be had raw, cooked, canned or raw. But, experts say, the dried fruit is highly nutrient dense. Fresh apricots are dehydrated, but the nutrient ratio remains the same.
- In fact, they provide larger portions of fiber, natural sugars, vitamin A, potassium, calcium, iron, and vitamin C.
Also see Side Effects of Eating Grapefruit