Pineapple is packed with practically all the essential vitamins and minerals. It supplies fiber, calcium, manganese, potassium, and vitamin C in liberal quantities. Benefits can be achieved by consuming the fresh fruit, its juice, or frozen / canned fruit.
The benefits of consuming pineapples are associated with the various nutrients and vitamins that are packed in the fruit. Some of the common benefits associated with regular consumption of pineapples each day include,
- Pineapple supports healthy bones.
- What’s more, research now says that pineapple is highly effective in managing arthritis. Bromelain found in pineapple acts like a potent anti-inflammatory agent. It relives pain and inflammation quickly. It reduces the swelling at the joint and eases the discomfort. Regular consumption of pineapples can help prevent the occurrence of rheumatoid arthritis and also beneficial in the management of age related disorders like osteoarthritis.
- Pineapple exerts remarkable benefits on the growth of bones in young people; and it strengthens and fortifies bones in the elderly.
- Bromelain also diminishes the pain and healing time, after a surgery. Pineapple juice is considered to hasten the healing process, especially after a major surgery.
Health Benefits Of Pineapple For Men And Women
In general, pineapple helps manage the following conditions successfully:
- Pineapple is beneficial for the GI tract. It treats constipation, prevents nausea and morning sickness. The fruit also helps expel intestinal worms and parasites. Regular consumption of pineapple is recommended in children, especially those with a common complaint of worm infestation and abdominal pain.
- Dyspepsia, IBS and inflammatory conditions can be treated effectively as well. This is attributed to the presence of fiber content in pineapples. However pineapple juice has relatively lower levels of dietary fibers and may not benefit in the management of gastrointestinal disorders.
- It regulates the functioning of the thyroid gland. Regular consumption of pineapple is considered beneficial in the management of hyperthyroidism as it controls symptoms like fatigue, exhaustion, tiredness, etc.
- It also helps manage respiratory diseases well. Asthma, diphtheria, bronchitis and chronic catarrh can be handled effectively. This is attributed to the presence of bromelain, which is a strong anti inflammatory agent and reduces inflammation of the bronchial walls.
- Pineapple supports heart health and prevents the development of cardiac diseases.
- Pineapple is also useful in enhancing the overall immunity of an individual. It improves the ability of an individual to avert common occurrence like sinusitis, common cold and other common problems.
It is worthwhile to remember that several individuals suffer from allergy to pineapples. Hence it is recommended to verify if you have an allergy to the fruit before consuming liberal amounts of the fruit or its juice.