Bedbugs are oval, tiny brown insects which live on the blood of animals. Bedbugs do not fly, however, they move rather swiftly over floors, walls, and ceilings. Although they are a big bother they do not transmit any diseases.
Bedbugs may gain entry undetected via clothing, luggage, used beds and couches, and other items.
The bugs are active chiefly at night and bite whilst one is sleeping. They feed by penetrating the skin and sucking blood through an elongated beak.
Symptoms Of Bed Bugs Infestation In Hair
People who fail to comprehend that they have bedbug infestation, may think it is due to various other causes, such as mosquitoes.
In case you wake up with itchy welts on your skin that you did not have when you went to sleep, you may have bedbugs. Blood stains on pillowcases and bed sheets are another sign of infestation. Dark spots of bedbug excrement is also a tell-tale sign. An offensive, musty odor is another characteristic feature.
How Do You Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Hair?
You may follow these guidelines to manage bedbug infestation effectively:
- Clean your bedding, cushions, pillowcases, linens, curtains, and clothing thoroughly in hot water and dry them. Add an antiseptic to the hot water.
- Place stuffed animals, shoes, and other items which cannot be washed in the dryer and run on high for half an hour.
- Use a stiff brush to scrub the mattress seams before vacuuming.
- Vacuum your place daily. After vacuuming, immediately put the vacuum cleaner bag in a plastic bag and put it outdoors.
- Cover your mattress in a zippered case to prevent the bugs from escaping. They are known to live for almost 1 year without any feeding, so keep the cover on for a year to ensure that all bugs in the mattress are dead.
- Patch up cracks in the wall plaster and glue down any peeling wallpaper so that the bedbugs cannot hide.
- Remove all clutter around the bed.
- If you want to get rid of the mattress and get a new one, that will be a good idea; but take care to rid the rest of your home of bedbugs or the new mattress will get infested.
- You may also have to use certain chemical products to eradicate them completely; on the other hand, use those that are really safe in the bedroom. By and large, it is safest and most effective to appoint an experienced pest control professional for bedbug extermination.
- For your hair, you can use lice shampoos which will help get rid of the bugs as effectively. Wash the hair thoroughly; and whilst still wet use a nit comb to comb the bugs out. Repeat for 2 to 3 turns for complete removal.
- Also effective is neat tea tree essential oil. Apply the essential oil to your scalp and hair and leave on for about an hour. Wash off with shampoo. Repeat daily for a week for optimal results.