When it comes to rashes that are found on your legs, the one thing that is the hardest to do is to not scratch them. Since these rashes are so easy to access and are so visible, scratching them is very easy.
Common Causes of Leg Rash
There are actually a number of leg rash causes that can be pointed out, and here are some of them:
- Scabies is caused by a microscopic mite called Sarcoptes scabei.
- Erythema multiforme is caused by a number of things but is prevalently due to allergic reactions to certain substances.
- Erythema nodosum often appears together with other infections and diseases and shows up as red nodules on your shins.
- Contact dermatitis happens when the skin comes in contact with something that makes it itch and come out with rashes.
- Fungal infections include common fungal problems like ringworm and athlete’s foot.
- Pretibial myxedema is a rare form of leg rash that is caused by hypothyroidism.
Leg Rash Treatment and Remedies
Here are some leg rash and itch remedies used on some of the most common cases of leg rash:
- For fungal infections like ringworm, treatment usually involves the use of anti-fungal cream or ointment.
- Preventive measures like the disinfecting of towels, bed sheets, and clothes should also be done.
- For scabies, the remedy usually includes your choice of scabies lotions, sulphur ointment, hydrocortisone cream, and anti-itch lotions.
- Be sure to properly disinfect of all cloth items that you have at home like towels, clothes, and bed sheets.