Dealing with body acne may prove to be challenging, compared to treating acne on one’s face. Areas prone to body acne include arms, back, chest and neck. Acne occurs due to clogged pores, in which bacteria may thrive.
Body Acne Home Remedies
With so many prescription acne medications around, it can be confusing to choose which product works best.
- It is important to keep the skin and the rest of the body clean. If there are pimples at the back, use a soft washcloth by rubbing it gently on the affected areas. Be careful not to scrub heavily to prevent the spread or eruption of acne.
- Natural relief from acne can be found in tea tree oil, which in fact is the most popular natural remedy. It is gentle to the skin, with less risk of irritation and peeling.
- Acne-prone skin can benefit from a facial mask composed of oatmeal and hot water.
- Cucumber is also ideal for fighting body acne. Grind it to a paste, then apply to affected areas. Just like the oatmeal mask, let the concoction sit on the skin for 20 minutes before rinsing off.
- Drinking enough water can help prevent cases of acne in the body.
- A balanced diet with lots of fruits, vegetables, whole wheat foods, nuts and lean meats produces a healthy system and flushes out toxins that can lead to acne formation.
- Don’t forget to take vitamins A, E and C that provide essential protection for the skin.
What are the Main Causes of Body Acne
- One of the main factors causing acne in the body is excessive sweating, prompting the glands to produce more sebum that leads to clogged pores.
- Hormonal changes in the body can affect sebum production too. Pregnant women are found to be susceptible to pimples due to altered chemical composition in their body.
- Sensitive skin is prone to pimples due to harsh ingredients in the soaps or shampoo used. Laundry detergents can also contain irritants.
Body Acne Scars Remedy
Acne can leave unsightly marks on the skin after treatment. There are a few remedies for acne scars.
- Freshly squeezed lemon and its juice can be rubbed gently on the scars to lighten the color.
- Olive oil is an all-around skin enhancer, and thus an effective aid to reduce the appearance of scars.