The back portion of the human body also contains oil glands that could become clogged with dirt and dead cells. These could lead to back acne. Just with acne on the face and neck, back acne can also be large, very painful, and could contain pus.
What Causes Back Acne
The following are possible causes of back acne:
- Excess oil produced by the glands due to hormonal changes. Sometimes, changes in the levels of hormones in the body can trigger the oil glands to produce an excess of oil. Because the back area is more difficult to reach and clean than the rest of the body, this excess oil may stay there just waiting for dust and dirt to accumulate.
- Poor back hygiene also allows lots of dirt, dust, and dead skin cells to accumulate. Bacteria can easily thrive in these areas.
- Some foods also aggravate the presence of pimples and acne.
How to Clear Back Acne
Clearing back acne could be a daunting task. After all, the back is very difficult to reach. Still, it is possible. Try the following tips:
- Clean the back using an exfoliant.
- Practice good hygiene at all times, using back scrub to ensure that no dirt, sweat, dead skin cells, and oil can accumulate.
- Changing the diet habits can go a long way in preventing a breakout of acne. Increase intake of fruits and vegetables as these are rich in anti-oxidants, vitamins, and astringent properties.
- Try using natural remedies.
Home Remedies for Back Acne
To those suffering from back acne, the following treatments can be very effective:
- Tea tree oil. Though it is also oil, it has antibacterial properties that can help fight off acne. Thoroughly wash the affected area. Apply tea tree oil and leave on.
- Cucumber. Place freshly sliced cucumber unto the affected area. Another option is to grind the cucumber and make it into a paste that is applied unto the area.
- A mixture of lime juice and rose water.
Baking Soda for Back Acne
- Baking soda is also a good option for treating back acne.
- Use a back scratcher. Apply ¼ cup unto a piece of cloth attached to the scratcher. Use this to rub the baking soda unto the back.