Acne pimples can occur at the most unfortunate of times. It can be the night before the prom or the night before an important meeting or even the night before a wedding. Good thing there are several effective overnight acne cures for people to use.
Overnight Acne Remedies, Is It Possible?
- Yes, there are a number of remedies that can be used to get rid of a pimple overnight.
- These remedies often have to do with what a pimple is and what causes it.
Home Remedies that Work Overnight for Treating Acne
- An egg white mask can be very helpful in getting rid of acne overnight.
- Cover the areas of the skin that has acne with a coating of beating egg whites.
- Wait until the mask dries and then rinse it off with mild cleanser.
- The bacteria causing acne is an anaerobic bacteria meaning that it thrives without oxygen.
- Yeast produces oxygen when activated so spreading a paste made from some dried yeast and a small amount of warm water help get rid of acne by producing oxygen that the acne bacteria hates.
- This can be a bit smelly though, but it does work.
- It is not known how this works, but it is believed that the toothpaste causes the pimple to dry out.
- This is ideal for spot treatment
- More than just an herb, basil has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the swelling of a pimple.
- Apply crushed basil on affected skin and leave overnight.
- If no fresh basil is available, dried basil tea with a tablespoon of dried leaves in some hot water can work.
- Let the water cool down and dip a cotton swab into it and apply solution to the pimple, leave overnight.
- Helps to reduce the swelling
Tea Tree Oil
- Has antimicrobial properties that may be beneficial for acne.
- This has moisturizing properties
- It has also been shown to have some anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve the swelling
- Aloe can either be fresh or it can be in a gel form
Eye Drops on Acne
- Eye drops that have been designed to soothe red eyes are said to help reduce the swelling from acne.
Other methods that can help get rid of acne faster include:
- Avoid handling the pimple too much – doing so is only going to irritate it further
- Avoid washing face too much – drying skin out can make things worse.
- Get enough sleep – do not stress over the acne and get the rest needed.