The skin has pores that link to the sebaceous glands situated beneath the skin, via follicles. The sebaceous glands manufacture sebum, a waxy substance that carries dead skin cells through the follicles to the surface of the skin. A small hair grows through the follicle out of the skin. When these follicles get clogged, pimples and blackheads develop, thus, resulting in a buildup of oil under the skin, triggering acne.
What Causes Acne On Shoulder?
The following are the commonly seen causes for acne on the shoulder:
- The chief etiological factor for acne is an elevation in the androgen levels; which occurs at puberty.
- Research says a proneness to acne could also be genetic.
- Certain medicines that contain androgen and lithium trigger acne.
- Greasy cosmetics are another important cause.
- Your diet plays a pivotal role too. Fatty, greasy and sugary foods cause acne.
Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Shoulder Acne
Follow these simple guidelines and home remedies to fight shoulder acne effectively:
- Anti-bacterial soap: Make sure that you use an anti-bacterial soap for your body.
- Tea tree essential oil: The tea tree essential is by far the most effective natural remedy for acne. Tea tree is the most medicinal essential oil; it battles the multiplying bacteria, gets rid of black heads and pimples and averts flare ups. Tea tree oil promises to clear up the acne in almost 2 weeks’ time. Use the oil several times in a day over the affected area. You could also use soaps and shampoos that contain tea tree oil.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe soothes the inflamed and irritated skin and helps it to look scar-free and healthy. Try to use freshly expressed gel from the aloe leaf. In case that is not possible you may use a product that contains the gel.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is the most important nutrient for a healthy and blemishes free skin. It helps unplug the blocked pores. Step up your intake of carrots, pumpkins, mangoes, tomatoes and cherries. You may also talk to your dermatologist about starting a vitamin A supplement for quicker results.
- Vitamin C: Is another crucial element for your skin. It helps banish acne quickly and wards off exacerbations. It makes your kin look healthy and radiant. Most importantly, vitamin C gets rid of the unsightly and ugly scars that acne is known to leave. Start a supplement for the vitamin and also incorporate loads of limes, oranges, mangoes, guavas, cherries and bell peppers in to your daily diet.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E supplementation is essential too. The vitamin nourishes the skin, heals the scar and averts the development of new pimples effectively.
- Zinc: Is the anti-acne mineral. Start a supplement that provides zinc and vitamin B12 and your acne will clear up in almost no time. Cashews, walnuts and oysters are rich sources.
- Water: Ensure that you’re having 15 glasses of water every day. Water flushes out the toxins and hydrates your skin, giving it a natural sheen.