What Are The Symptoms Of Backache?
Because backache is one of the most prevalent ailments today, it does not come as a surprise that most people have experienced it at least once in their lives. To know for sure if the patient is already experiencing a more severe form of backache or just one that comes and goes quickly, it is best to know its symptoms.
It is also best to take note that because the back is the one that bears the weight of almost half of the body, strain can be felt on it if the patient is overweight. The same is also true if the patient is carrying a heavy load.
It is common for patients to feel the following symptoms of backache:
- Stiffness felt along the spine
- Pain around the waist and hips
- Persistent aching
- Cervical or lumbar spondylosis
- Mood swings
- Anxiety or depression caused by pain
- Visible curvature of the spine
- Sharp pain felt in the upper back and the neck
- Changes in the bladder and bowel habits
- Weakness or numbness in the feet or legs
- Weakness in the muscles
If the patient is experiencing one or more of these symptoms, then it may be time to take on some medical treatment or home remedies for immediate relief.
Relief for Backache With Home Remedies
- One of the best home remedies that can be done to treat backache is to allow the patient to rest comfortably. Lie down flat on the back for at least 2 hours. This can help rest tired and weary muscles, joints, and ligaments.
- By the way, it is also a good idea to choose a firm mattress that can support the body weight, especially if the patient is large.
- Another good option is to exercise regularly. However, if the backache is really painful, it is still best to consult a physician before doing any form of exercise as this could only worsen the problem.
- The best exercises include yoga positions.
- Apply hot compress on the areas that are painful. Other great option is using a hot water bottle.
- Soak for about 10 minutes in warm water bath.
- Use mint oil or soothing balm to massage the area.
- Extract juice from lemon. Add a little salt. Drink this two times a day on a daily basis.