Cold Sores Prevention
Preventing the recurrence of cold sores may be done to a certain extent. This is done to simply minimize the number of times you may experience the return of these blisters. Here are some tips you might want to try to prevent cold sore:
- If you know what triggers your cold sores, try to avoid these triggers as much as possible.
- When you are going out in the sun, try to protect yourself from too much sunlight exposure by wearing sun block to protect your skin.
- Since cold sores can erupt when you have a fever or the flu, trying to avoid getting sick is another way you can avoid these blisters from appearing on your face.
- If at all possible, try to keep your stress levels to a minimum to avoid stress induced cold sore breakouts. Learn how to manage stress by practicing stress relief techniques like meditation and yoga for preventing cold sore.
- Keeping yourself healthy can also help you avoid recurrence of cold sores. Eating healthy, exercising and getting enough sleep will help keep a person away from such problems like cold sores due to a healthy immune system brought about by healthy living habits.
Prevent Cold Sore
To avoid cold sore, lifestyle changes are must which includes adequate amount of rest, intake of fresh fruit and vegetables and keeping body clean all the time which help in defending the body against the herpes simplex virus. Keeping lips moisturized protects it from getting chapped and wind burn can prevent lip damage which is the beginning of cold sore occurrence. Physical contacts through kissing an infected person and sharing their belongings should be avoided as virus can easily spread.