What Causes Fungal Infections
Fungal infections are caused by fungi. These infections can affect any part of the body. Still, the skin in the hands and feet is the one that is mostly easily affected.
Some of the common fungal infections that affect thousands of people at any given day include yeast infections, athlete’s foot, ringworm, and jock itch. These are common ailments which can be easily spread from one person to another through various means, including direct contact with infected skin or unwashed clothing and footwear.
Fungi grow best in warm and humid environments.
Symptoms of Fungal Infection In Men & Women
How can a person tell if he/she has fungal infections? What are the signs that show the patient that he/she is suffering from certain fungal problems? Depending on the kind of fungal infections that the patient has, he/she can see different symptoms manifest themselves.
- For those who suffer from skin fungal infections, one of the symptoms that may alert the patient is the appearance of a rash. This rash usually shows up as red round patches or as red rings on the skin. Usually, rings are created when the patient has the ailment called ringworm.
- Athlete’s foot is characterized by inflammation, the peeling and the cracking of the skin that is found in between the toes, moistness or blistering of the skin, and some soreness or itchiness in the area.
- When a woman suffers from vaginal yeast infections, some of the symptoms include a thick white discharge, some itching, and a rather rancid smell that may come from her private parts. She might also exhibit symptoms like pain in the lower abdomen.
- Men can also be affected by yeast infections, though not to the same extent as women. Thus, it is still best to practice precaution when having sexual contact with another person, man or woman.
- If fungal infections are found in the person’s hair or other parts of the body that have hair, flaking and even hair loss are symptoms they have to suffer.