The gallbladder is a vital organ responsible for storing and releasing of particles and enzymes into the intestines for digestion. Throughout the process, the gallbladder may have troubles performing such task that can result to discharging the exact amount of bile necessary. This will lead to accumulation of sludge in the bladder. The sludge is a combination of bile, cholesterol, and calcium particles found in the gallbladder.
The presence of gallbladder sludge can be dangerous because it increases the chances of gallstones to form.
Gallbladder Sludge Symptoms
Pregnant women are more likely to suffer from gallbladder sludge due to the kind of diet they have. People who have been fasting are equally vulnerable. Likewise, people who do not eat solid foods but rather have their nutrition through other means like intravenous drip may develop gallbladder sludge as well.
- Fever and chills
- Severe pain in the upper right corner of the abdomen
Gallbladder Sludge Treatment and Remedy
Home remedies for gallbladder sludge are intended to reduce the symptoms and cleanse the gallbladder.
- Eating daily breakfast can remedy this condition as it makes bile secretion regular. Also, eating several small meals each day helps the gallbladder to work regularly since it prevents proteins from settling at the bottom of the gallbladder.
- Fewer calorie in-takes are another way to remedy the condition. Studies have shown that people who follow high-calorie diets are more likely to develop the gallbladder sludge. A good diet is consists of eating fiber-rich food that includes vegetables and fruits.
- Doing regular detoxification is also advisable as it removes toxins, particles, and free radicals.
- Finally, drinking 9 glasses of water a day helps in cleansing particles that may attach to the bile.