Gallbladder is a pear shaped bag just beneath the liver. Gallbladder stores bile produced by liver, and its main function is to digest fats in the intestine. In normal circumstances, the acid in the bile prevents increase of cholesterol concentration, however when the concentration increases beyond its limit in the bile it forms crystal or bile stones known as gallstones.
Symptoms Of Gallstones
When the gallstones obstruct bile duct, it causes painful spasm and inflammation.
Signs and symptoms of gallstone include sudden pain in the right hypochondriac region radiating to back and shoulder, nausea, vomiting, constipation, jaundice are other symptoms of obstructed gallstones.
The conventional treatment includes gall bladder removal. However there are alternative treatments to dissolve gallstone that you have to discuss with your doctor. They are limited to patients who are not able to undergo the surgery for any health reasons.
Alternative Natural Remedies For Gallstones
The rate of its success depends on the size of gallstones, from what material it is made up of etc.
- Use of ursodeoxycholic acid may be used to dissolve gallstone by your doctor.
- Reduction of weight in an obese person in a sensible way and not through crash diet, as it may increase the risk of gallstone formation.
- Supplement your diet with vitamin C, lecithin, choline, L-glycine, taurine, they help in digestion of fat, production of bile and biosynthesis of bile acids.
- Herbal remedies include milk thistle, catnip, cramp bark, dandelion, fennel, horsetail, turmeric etc.
- Homeopathy: there are medicines which fairly respond to gallstones in homeopathy, you have to consult a homeopath.
- Drinking one to two liters of water daily, it helps to dilute bile and flush it from the liver.
- Acupuncture helps to improve circulation of bile, and it also helps to decrease the gallstone pain, digestive disturbances etc.