Tooth pain is the most common problem faced by one and all at some stage in their life. The pain can occur in the teeth, in the jaws and along the gum line. There are varieties of causes for toothache, tooth decay, exposure of the root of the tooth, trauma and crack and pyorrhea are some of the causes for toothache.
Causes Of Pain In Teeth
- Dental cavities and tooth decay are the main causes for tooth pain. Faulty diet, eating food rich in refined sugar, and processed food are the main causes for tooth decay. Bacteria in the mouth breakdown sugar into acids which react with the calcium present in the enamel and start erosion.
- Gum disease can be a cause for tooth ache. Improper hygiene, plaque and tartar formation can cause gums to swell with bacterial built up.
- Cracked tooth can also be one of the cause or tooth pain.
- The other causes for tooth ache are impacted teeth,
- Toothache that does not originate from the tooth such as heart attack.
As tooth pain come with no warning tag, it is necessary to relieve this pain with whatever medicines are easily available at home, and home remedies are the easiest to find, even in your kitchen in the middle of the night. Home remedies are useful and safe for toothache when you are pregnant. For kids and children, toothache remedies are useful when it is not possible to visit your dentist immediately.
Home Remedy For Tooth Pain
Most of the time toothache remedies may not offer a permanent cure, but they can definitely help you to get instant relief from the pain until you visit the dentist.
- Garlic is an important home remedy that is available in your kitchen any time. Crush a clove of garlic and rock salt; apply it on the painful teeth. Garlic is known since ancient time for its curative properties. Its action against bacteria and its anti inflammatory properties are well known. This all is due to a powerful compound called allicin present in garlic. Your tooth pain will be relieved after you apply a crushed clove of garlic on the painful tooth.
- Onion is another traditional treatment for toothache. Place a slice of onion over the painful tooth. You can also include onions in your daily diet, to prevent toothache.
How To Stop A Toothache At Home?
- Clove oil and chewing a clove, is one of the most sought after home remedy for tooth pain. You can dip a cotton swab in the clove oil and place the swab in the decayed cavity of the teeth. Clove oil is known to be a bactericidal and analgesic for toothache, due to its content eugenol.
- Asafetida is also one of the home remedy for tooth pain. Mix asafetida powder in one teaspoon of lemon juice and heat it for few seconds, when the lotion is ready, dip a cotton swab into the solution and place it in the tooth cavity. It helps to relieve tooth pain very quickly.
- Applying ice can temporarily numb the pain. This is how you can stop toothache at home when you are not able to get any other medicine for toothache.
- Apply a pate prepared from dry bark of bay berry and vinegar. It is an effective home remedy for toothache.