When you have tuberculosis or if someone in your home has it, you may want to help them cure themselves of the ailment with certain foods that are helpful when it comes to healing certain diseases. There are a lot of foods that have therapeutic qualities and eating these may help speed up a person’s healing process.
- There are people who believe that pineapple juice has quite a number of therapeutic uses and drinking it to help cure TB is one of them. Increase your intake of fresh pineapple juice to help battle this disease.
- Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables every day to help you with the healing process.
- Include one type each of the five types of vegetables that are available to you, namely legumes, orange vegetables, dark green vegetables, starchy vegetables, and the other types that do not belong in these categories.
- Try to take most of your dietary fat from healthy sources like vegetable oils, nuts, and oily fish like salmon and mackerel.
- Try to reduce your salt intake and make it a point that you are ingesting only a teaspoon of salt per day.
- Potassium-rich foods should also be part of your diet. Examples are bran cereal, bananas, and wheat germ.