Hematuria is a condition wherein blood can be observed in the urine which indicates problems in the urinary system including the kidneys. These problems are brought about by several factors which are listed below.
- For women patients, the common cause of the condition is attributed to UTI or urinary tract infections. The infection is caused by bacteria which enter the body through the urethra and multiply in the bladder which lead to the onset of Hematuria.
- Infection and injury in the kidneys. Infection is caused by bacteria which seep to the kidneys from the ureters or the bloodstream.
- Glomerulonephritis. This is a condition that is characterized by the inflammation of the glomeruli of the kidneys. The condition is brought about by diabetes, viral and strep infections, problems of the immune system, and disease of the blood vessels.
- Strenuous activities including heavy exercises are some of the most common causes of hematuria in children.
- Hypercalciuria. This is a condition characterized by excessive amounts of calcium in the urine.
- Enlargement of the prostate gland is a common cause of the condition for men aging 40 and above.
- Cancer of the kidneys, prostate, or bladder.
- Sickle cell anemia.
- Certain medications like blood thinners and anti-cancer drugs.
- Blood in urine which can change from red to a pinkish color.
- Abdominal pain which can radiate towards the groin area and pain in the flank side or the side of the body between the hips and the ribs.
- Low to high grade fever which can be accompanied by chills.
- Constant urge to urinate and frequent urination.
- Dysuria or pain while urinating.
- Nausea or vomiting or both.
- Decrease in appetite which can lead to weight loss.
- Cloudy urine caused by pus.
- Restlessness. Patients with the condition will constantly find the right position to ease pain.
Natural Treatment for Hematuria
- Consume bitter gourd on a daily basis. This can be consumed in its natural form or taken in pill form or juice.
- Drink a mixture of mashed pumpkin and sugar cane juice.
- Drink pomegranate juice daily.
- Include bland meat soup in everyday meals at home.
- If the condition is caused by bladder infection, drinking cranberry juice can help in gradually healing the infected bladder.
- Drink a mixture of coconut milk that is combined with spinach juice. This mixture is considered a safe diuretic which helps in curing infections that target the bladder and the kidneys.
- Spray cold water to the perineum.