Excessive consumption of tea, coffee, chocolates, soda, etc can result in yellowish discoloration of the enamel of the teeth. Smoking and inadequate oral hygiene can act as other contributing factors the condition. Teeth whitening are a process which helps in converting the enamel of the teeth from yellowish to white in color. Here are some simple home remedies which can help in whitening the teeth.
Home Remedy to Whiten Teeth
Here are some simple techniques which can help to whiten the teeth and reduce the yellow discoloration on the teeth enamel.
- After cleaning the teeth with toothpaste, dip the toothbrush in baking soda and brush the teeth.
- Bark of Walnut tree is considered to be beneficial for the teeth. Rub the teeth with the bark. This will help clean the teeth and also whiten them
- Mix equal amounts of lemon juice and salt and with the help of your fingers rub it all over the teeth. This helps in whitening the teeth.
- Consume foods rich in calcium. Milk, egg, fresh leafy green vegetables, soy, jaggery, etc are high in calcium content.
Turn Yellow Teeth White home remedy
- Rubbing strawberry or orange peel on the inner part of the teeth is considered to be beneficial in removing the yellowish discoloration on the enamel of the teeth.
- Using a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda is also considered beneficial. Hydrogen peroxide is a strong anti-microbial which destroys the germs while baking soda helps in whitening the teeth. Always remember to rinse the mouth thoroughly after using this paste
- A mixture of baking soda with salt and a few drops of vinegar is considered to be beneficial. Massage the gums and the teeth with this mixture using your fingers or the tooth brush
How to get White Teeth at Home Naturally
In addition to the above mentioned home remedies, certain precautions can also help in whitening of the teeth,
- Avoid cold drinks or excessively hot drinks as much as possible.
- Reduce the intake of tea, aerated drinks, red wine, tobacco and coffee. These items are known to cause yellowish discoloration of the teeth
- Drink plenty of water. Drinking water aids in regular rinsing of the oral cavity and keeps the teeth healthy and free from germs
- Brushing and flossing after every meal is recommended as it prevents the growth and building up of bacteria in the oral cavity.