Jojoba oil isn’t oil actually; it is liquid wax. It is found in the seeds of the jojoba plant – an evergreen shrub plant which thrives in hot climatic conditions, and is found in the desert areas of Arizona, California, and Mexico.
The jojoba oil very strongly resembles human sebum (i.e. the oily substance which is naturally synthesized by the oil glands below the skin surface) thus its benefits for the skin are unparalleled.
- It is the most perfect choice for those wanting to use natural products for their skin and hair. Jojoba oil is packed with almost all types of minerals and vitamins which are vital for healthy, lustrous hair and radiant, gorgeous skin, – vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin B complex, copper, selenium, zinc, iodine, and chromium.
- Jojoba oil is very commonly used in a lot of beauty products, such as, skin creams, serums and lotions.
- It is an excellent choice that makes irritating and dry skin spots soft and restores it to a normal condition. It effectively battles dryness and makes the skin look glowing and beautiful.
- Jojoba oil is also an effective cleanser; it helps clean the skin well off all pollutants, dirt and grime and is also a wonderful make-up remover.
- Jojoba oil battles acne well. It has potent anti-microbial properties and successfully fights off pimples, blackheads, and acne flare-ups.
- It is a powerful anti-aging agent; it keeps the skin well hydrated, makes the skin firm, slows down aging, prevents sagging and greatly decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
How To Use Jojoba Oil On Skin?
Use 2 to 3 drops on your skin as a moisturizer, you could also leave it overnight as a hydrating skin mask. Jojoba oil blends well with most essential oils as well – Lavender, Chamomile, Frankincense and Rosewood. All these essential oils further enhance your complexion and texture.
You could also make use of these skin care packs:
- Jojoba oil, avocado pulp and lime juice.
- Jojoba oil, tomato and honey.
- Jojoba oil, banana and yogurt.
Benefits Of Jojoba Oil For Skin Care
- Jojoba oil proffers immense benefits for the skin as well as hair. This oil is beneficial since it has powerful moisturizing and emollient properties. Jojoba makes your skin soft, smooth and blemish free. As a daily moisturizer it ensures that your skin looks youthful and glowing; what’s more, it helps fight off the ravages of aging too.
- Jojoba offers excellent benefits for the hair as well. Your hair gets subjected to a lot of damage due to the pollution, harsh shampoos even with the normal styling and heating. Shampoos packed with chemicals, hair care products, styling serums and sprays make the hair brittle, dry and weak and vulnerable to hair fall. Jojoba oil is one of the best oils to manage dry, damaged hair. It battles dandruff, hair fall, hair loss as well as poor hair texture effectively. It lends a beautiful sheen to your hair, making it look healthy and shiny. It promotes hair growth and helps halt hair fall.