An irregular lifestyle, busy schedules, dietary errors, working on the computer for prolonged periods of time, and inconsistent sleep habits are important reasons that cause bags under eyes. Neglecting the condition aggravates it. Hence, here are a few quick fixes and lifestyle changes that will help you manage the condition effectively.
Causes Of Bags Under Eyes
The most common causes for under eye bags or puffy eyes and swelling under the yes include:
- Hereditary reasons
- Allergies to certain specific food items
- Insufficient sleep and irregular sleeping hours
- Stress and exhaustion
- Undue strain on eyes
- Inadequate intake of fluids
- Dermatitis, eczema or other skin ailments
- Vitamin deficiency
- Ageing and loss of collagen
- Fluid retention
- Hormonal changes
- Chronic sinus infection
- Working on the computer for prolonged periods of time
Bags Under Eyes Home Remedy
Cut a cucumber in to thin slices. Place them in the fridge for 10 minutes. Then, remove and place them on your eyes. Keep on for about half an hour. Cucumbers are the best home remedy for under eye bags.
Catecholase present in potatoes gets rid of the under eye bags successfully. Slice the potato finely and place over each eye for about 20 minutes.
Experts lay great emphasis on sleeping well for at least 8 hours. Sleep helps fight stress and fatigue and reduces bags under the eyes.
- Drink healthy fluids
When water retention and excessive accumulation of toxins is the chief cause for puffiness, you need to drink plenty of water and fluids. Have large amounts of water, fresh fruit juices, coconut water, barley water, etc.
- Lifestyle modifications
Have a regular routine, avoid late nights, take frequent breaks from the computer, eat loads of fresh fruits and vegetables and drink ample water. Following a consistent lifestyle pattern prevents the development of under eye bags.
Natural Remedies For Under Eye Bags
- Cold compresses: blend 3 spoons of cold milk with 3 spoons of cold water. Dip 2 cotton swabs in the solution and place over the eyes. You could also add 1 drops of lavender essential oil to a bowl of water. Dip the cotton swabs and place over the eyes.
- Vitamin E: massage vitamin E oil over the eyes, every night before going to sleep. It affords wonderful results.
- Egg White: Egg white has remarkable astringent properties; it reduces swelling and puffiness and also tightens the pores. Apply the egg white all over the eyes. Leave for 20 minutes and then rinse off with water.
- Tea bags: Place a few herbal tea bags in hot water. After the water cools slightly, soak 2 cotton balls into the tea water. Then, place the cotton swabs over your eyes for 30 minutes. The herbs offer immense relief. They reduce swelling and puffiness and revitalize the eyes.