Coconut oil is considered to be loaded with several health benefits. One of the most frequently recounted cosmetic benefits of coconut oil is its ability to act as a conditioner for the skin, hair and lips. Coconut oil is good for your lips, especially chapped lips. It is a natural moisturizing agent, which keeps the lips well hydrated and prevents them from cracking and bleeding.
Over the years, coconut oil has emerged to be associated with several health benefits ranging from improving cardiac health to providing a glowing and healthy skin texture. While some may dispute the role of this medium chain saturated, triglyceride, fatty acid in improving health, its role as an effective moisturizer cannot be underestimated. Local application of coconut oil on the lips can help in management of chapped lips and prevent them from drying and cracking, especially in cold, dry weather.
How To Use Coconut Oil For Chapped Lips?
Coconut oil is considered to be very beneficial for the treatment of cracked and dried lips. Coconut oil remains solid below the temperature of 76 degree Fahrenheit, but above this temperature, it becomes liquid.
- Dip your fingers into the oil and slide them gently over your lips so that the lips are completely soaked in the oil.
- Don’t lick your lips, after having applied the coconut oil. Frequent licking of the lips is one of the causes for chapping and drying of lips. Licking your lips will lead to removal of the coconut oil, which will leave your lips even dryer.
- While going for a bath, rinse the lips and wipe out all the traces of oil. It is important to remove the oil on regular basis, in order to hasten the process of healing.
While in general coconut oil is beneficial for lips, the pleasant and mild flavor of the oil can influence your desire to lick your lips more, which in turn can make chapping worse. In such cases mix coconut oil, with a less palatable product like wheat germ or beewax and apply it on to your lips.
Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Lip Care
Coconut oil is one of the most readily available and regularly used products to treat chapped or cracked lips. This product has several benefits for the lips,
- Coconut oil helps to keep the lips healthy and moisturized.
- Add a natural coloring agent like beet root to coconut oil and apply the mixture on to your lips, to give your lips a glowing appearance.
- Coconut oil is natural and is rarely been associated with allergic reactions. Coconut oil is the safest natural product that can be used for local application of the lips.
- Coconut oil can help in healing of cracked and bleeding lips naturally. Coconut oil also helps in relieving the pain which is associated with cracked and dry lips.
- Regular application of coconut oil gives your lips a fuller and healthier appearance, due to its ability to keep the lips hydrated.