The colon, a section of the GI tract extracts water, salt, vitamins and nutrients from indigestible food matter, processes food that did not get digested in the small intestine, and throws out solid wastes from your body.
On the other hand, when it fails to function as it should, it absorbs wastes and toxins instead of flushing them out, thus causing problems such as – nausea and vomiting, headache, bloating, constipation, weight gain, and fatigue.
The foods that we eat are loaded with preservatives and other deadly chemicals; these build up in the body and need to be sluiced out.
Thus, a colon cleanse helps get rid of the harmful noxious wastes and promotes healthy functioning of the GI tract. There are a host of treatments available to carry out a colon cleanse; the best options being simple natural remedies which proffer wonderful results.
Health Benefits Of Colon Cleansing
- Perks up the working of the GI tract: A colon cleanse helps improve digestion and wards off constipation. When the bowel movement is irregular, wastes build up in your body. Also, the small intestine fails to absorb all the vital nutrients and this causes a lack of energy and poor immune functioning.
- Increases energy levels and concentration: When toxic wastes are eliminated from the bowels, the bowels function better; consequently, they absorb the vital nutrients better. This proffers a burst of energy and also boosts alertness and concentration.
- Encourages complete detox: Your body goes in to a toxic overload from time to time. When you have a colon cleanse / detox, a whole body detoxification takes place which purges the body clean.
Benefits Of Colon Cleanse For Weight Loss
- On an average, you carry about 5 pounds of waste in your colon. When you opt for a colon cleanse, you eliminate all these wastes and drop unwanted pounds. It is an excellent detox which sluices out the wastes, brushes the colon clean and thus gets rid of undesirable weight as well.
- The refined and unhealthy foods that you eat cause toxins and fat to adhere to the walls of the bowel, resulting in weight gain and poor health. Eating foods which are packed with preservatives, additives, artificial colors and dyes, sweeteners and fats cause your colon to accumulate toxins. The chief aim of a colon cleanse is to sweep away all the deadly chemicals and get rid of all the waste and accordingly shed useless weight.
- A typical colon cleanse comprises of dietary modifications as well as integrating herbal supplements and natural remedies. Most cleanse plans last 10 or more days. During a colon cleanse, you are asked to eat small amounts of fresh vegetables and fruits and steer clear of all processed and refined foods. Lime juice, bell peppers and psyllium husk are usually recommended for a colon cleanse to bring about optimal weight loss.
- Many people lose the unwanted weight because they clear out the waste products from the GI tract. When you are following a colon cleanse, you could have 4 to 5 bowel movements daily. These frequent bowel movements remove all the waste which tends to build up in the bowels.
- Clinical trials and studies show that some people lose 10 or more pounds during a colon cleansing process.