A hydrocele is a fluid filled sac which surrounds the testicle and causes swelling in the scrotum. Hydrocele is fairly common in newborn babies and tends to vanish without any treatment, during the 1st year. However, adult men may also develop a hydrocele because of some kind of trauma or inflammation in the scrotal sac.
The condition is not painful or harmful and may not require any treatment at all. On the other hand, if you have a scrotal swelling, confer with your health care provider to rule out other likely causes.
Typically, hydrocele isn’t dangerous and does not affect fertility. But, it could be linked to an underlying condition of the testis such as an inguinal hernia, infection or tumor. Hence it is vital that you talk to your doctor and get a physical exam.
Causes: A hydrocele in adults develops because of trauma to the testicle or inflammation within the scrotal sac. Infection in the testicle or in the epididymitis results in an inflammation.
Symptoms Of Hydrocele In Adults
The only symptom of a hydrocele is a swelling in one or both of the testes, which is usually painless.
Risk factors for developing a hydrocele include:
- Trauma to the scrotum.
- Infection, including STDs.
Homeopathic Treatment For Hydrocele
Your health care provider will do a physical examination:
- To look for tenderness in the scrotum.
- He will apply pressure to the scrotum and abdomen to check for inguinal hernia.
- Shining a light through the scrotum. In case of a hydrocele, trans-illumination occurs, which is suggestive of clear fluid surrounding the testis.
By and large, a hydrocele tends to go away on its own in 6 to 8 months. The condition needs treatment only if it becomes too big and causes discomfort and / or deformity in the testicle. In such cases, a hydrocelectomy, a surgical procedure is recommended.
Homeopathy helps deal with hydrocele fairly effectively. Homeopathy drugs proffer natural treatment for hydrocele. The medications help manage discomfort and pain successfully, help absorb the fluid from the sac, help treat infection, inflammation, swelling and injury, and most importantly, prevent recurrences.
Homeopathy drugs which provide immense relief for hydrocele symptoms include – Arnica Montana, Lycopodium Clavatum, Sulphur, Selenium, and Nux Vomica. However, it is necessary that you consult a homeopath and see which medicine is best suited for you.
Home Remedies For Hydrocele In Adults
Alongside, you need to follow these guidelines at home too:
- Hot Epsom salt baths 3 times a week have proved to be very beneficial.
- Cold hip baths daily help immensely as well. Use a bath tub; fill with water. Lower yourself in to the tub and stay in it for about 20 to 30 minutes. Doing this daily provides relief.
- Light exercise for 15 minutes everyday
- Wear a strap or suspensor bandage.
- Do not exert too much.
- Do not lift heavy weights.
- If you have a chronic cough, make sure you treat it promptly.
- Regular bowel movement is essential. If you suffer from constipation, ensure that you drink plenty of water and consume fiber-rich foods daily.
- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol.