Shea butter is extracted from Karite tree nut found in West Africa. The butter is packed with loads of essentials minerals and vitamins; and most importantly essential fatty acids. It also supplies a range of powerful anti oxidants which fight free radical damage and keeping aging at bay. Shea butter promises skin rejuvenation and revitalization.
Shea butter provides the most optimal skin conditioning. It has found its way in to most of the skin care products. In fact, now, even hair oils, serums and conditioners have started using Shea butter. However, do make sure you check the date of manufacture as well as the date of expiry and only buy fresh Shea butter.
Shea butter is brilliant for skin care. It slows down the process of aging and banishes crow feet, jowls and laugh lines. Shea butter hydrates the skin and makes it supple and healthy. By and large, people use Shea butter to treat dry heels, cracked heels, chapped elbows and knees and dry cuticles.
Some skin care experts recommend Shea butter for eczema and dermatitis. However, do confer with your dermatologist before embarking upon Shea butter treatment.
How To Use Shea Butter For Skin Care?
Initially when you start using Shea butter begin with twice daily for about 15 days; especially when you are using it for a skin ailment or to treat chapped and cracked skin. Within a week you will see wonderful results; the skin will become soft, supple and radiant. Shea butter promises you a healthy and glowing skin. Once the desired effect has been achieved; you may use the butter once daily for a week. And then to maintain the results, use the butter thrice a week.
Warm a little bit of the butter in a bowl; you can apply this directly, or may add about 2 drops of an essential oil such as lavender essential oil, bergamot essential oil or frankincense essential oil. These essential oils are decidedly beneficial for skin care and the two work well together to mange most skin problems and ward off dry and dull skin.
Benefits Of Shea Butter For The Skin
Shea butter exerts amazing cosmetic benefits for your skin. It is also used in a host of skin care products. Shea butter helps enhance the quality of the skin as well as helps treat various skin ailments.
- Shea butter improves the tone and texture of the skin. It helps restore skin’s elasticity and averts sagging.
- Shea butter is an important ingredient in most anti aging products; it helps battle fine lines and wrinkles effectively and reduces the onslaught of aging to a very great extent.
- It is of use in the prevention and management of stretch marks of pregnancy.
- It helps decrease sun damage. Nonetheless, wearing a good sun screen is a must.
- Shea butter is an excellent moisturizer that helps keep the moisture in and dryness out.
- It is ideal for dull, dry and cracked skin
- It is excellent for dry heels, elbows and knees.
- It has been used time and again for eczema and dermatitis; where it allays itching and irritation.