Aging is the number one cause for pursuing plastic surgery. However, not all patients are qualified for such a procedure. This could be because of the general condition of the patient or because the patient’s condition can be treated with other alternatives. When seeking plastic surgery procedures, it is always important to look at alternatives first.
Alternatives to Plastic Surgery
- Before opting for plastic surgery, always ask the doctor for possible alternatives that can deliver the same or even better results.
- Often enough, these alternatives are minimally invasive or non-invasive at all.
- Cost oftentimes causes people to seek for alternatives. In fact, most people who find alternatives will opt for these instead because of the much lesser money that they have to shell out.
- Mild to moderate conditions that can be treated with procedures other than surgery constitute alternative measures be taken as well.
- Actually, depending on the type of cosmetic procedure that the patient wants to be done, it might actually be possible that less costly alternatives can be used instead of the more costly plastic surgery procedures.
Alternatives to Plastic Surgery Procedures
The following treatment procedures and options can be used to treat various bodily problems instead of plastic surgery options:
- Botox – a minimally invasive procedure that requires the injection of Botox to help treat wrinkles.
- Collagen injections – minimally invasive procedure that requires the injection of collagen to help treat wrinkles as well as enhance facial features.
- Mesotherapy – involves the injection of tiny doses of medication to help dissolve fat.
- Thermage – uses radio frequency energy to help trim the body. This is non-invasive, safe, and very effective.
- Titan – uses infrared technology to help shape the body.
- Laser therapy – uses LLLT or low level laser therapy to help break down fats and tighten skin at the same time. This is considered to be among the most effective and most commonly sought out procedure.
Alternatives to Cosmetic Surgery
The following alternatives can be tried instead of having to undergo cosmetic surgery:
- Chemical peels – Helps in reducing wrinkles, scarring, acne, and signs of aging.
- Facial creams – Conservative and often mild options for treating wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Facial sculpting exercises – Helps promote facial muscle and prevents the early appearance of wrinkles.
- Dieting – Observing a healthy diet will help nourish the skin and keep it looking young.
- Exercise – Helps keep toxins and waste out of the body and keeps the skin refreshed.