Pores are important to maintain healthy skin. They enrich the skin with oil produced by the oil glands called sebaceous glands underneath the skin. It is because of the pores your skin is well moisturized and protected from damage by environmental pollution. Pores are present all over the body, although they are visible in few places, especially those exposed areas such as our face, neck, chest and back.
Clogged pores on forehead are easily visible. They become breeding ground for the bacteria, which results into acne and pimples. Sweat, together with dirt and oil is responsible for clogged pores on forehead. Forehead is the part of T zone on the face, beside cheeks and the bridge of the nose. This area accumulates more oil than other parts of the face.
How to Get Rid of Clogged Pores on Forehead
Here are few tips for getting rid of clogged pores on forehead and make your skin look as best as it can.
- Lemon wash: lemon juice reduces excess of skin oil production when applied. It is also a natural detoxifying agent and an antiseptic. Take a cotton ball and dip it in one or two teaspoon of lemon juice. Now rub it across your forehead. Allow it to dry for few minutes and wash your face with cold water.
- Make a facial mask of oatmeal and egg white. Apply it on your face and forehead. Egg white dries out the excess of oil on the skin while oatmeal becomes a barrier and protects the pores from getting accumulated with dead skin.
- Use parsley as a remedy to unclog pores on forehead. Boil parsley in water and the fusion cool. Now filter the mixture and immerse a fresh cloth in the mixture and apply it on your forehead for 10 to 15 minutes. Parsley compresses helps to unclog the forehead pores.
- Protect your skin form sunlight, especially if your forehead skin is prone to clogged pores.
- There are pore cleansing strips available that can clear blackheads from your forehead when applied.