Dead Sea is situated somewhere between Israel and Jordan. It is a salt lake renowned for its salt crystals having healing and beauty enhancing properties. Dead Sea is so called since ages because no creature can survive in its water for long time. The reason is high concentration of saltiness as compared to other seas.
The uniqueness of Dead Sea salt lies in the percentage of sodium chloride. It has only 10 to 20 percent of sodium chloride unlike other sea salt where 80% of salt is composed of sodium chloride. Dead Sea salt is rich in minerals such as silicon, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and bromides and chlorides. All these minerals are essential for healthy skin.
The history of Dead Sea salt’s use goes way back to the days of legendary beauty Cleopatra. It was believed she used Dead Sea salt to keep herself beautiful.
Uses For Dead Sea Salt
Many cosmetic products contain Dead Sea salt as one of its ingredients.
Dead Sea salt scrub has become a biggest bang in the cosmetic industry these days, for its far reaching beneficial properties in stimulating the skin, muscles and nerves. The 26 vital minerals found in Dead Sea salt scrub help to clean the pores, improve the texture far better than normal soaps and cleansers. Extensive research has been done for confirming the efficiency of Dead Sea salt in treating various skin ailments such as Psoriasis, eczema, and dry skin.
Benefits Of Dead Sea Salt Scrub
Dead Sea salt scrub contains all the beneficial properties of a good exfoliating agent. Exfoliation is the prime skin care regimen for a better and glowing skin. It helps to remove the dead skin cells from the skin layer and make way for new cells to grow. This makes the skin smooth and glowing. Unclogging of pores allows the skin to breathe easily.
- One of the benefits of applying Dead Sea salt scrub is it stimulates blood circulation and helps to remove all the unwanted waste accumulated in the skin.
- Apart from the beatifying qualities that Dead Sea salt scrub possesses, it has several benefits related to skin conditions. People who have dry skin may be relieved from the roughness and skin inflammation as the scrub is known to promote skin hydration. The healing quality is related to the mineral magnesium and other minerals in treating dryness.
- Skin ailments such as psoriasis and eczema where the skin becomes dry and rough and inflamed are benefitted with the use of Dead Sea salt scrub.
- The mineral magnesium and bromine found in Dead Sea salt can help to reduce allergic skin conditions.
- People also use the scrub for treating wrinkles, acne, though there is no clinical research to back the claim.
In this way Dead Sea salt scrub is beneficial in both beatification as well as alleviating skin aliments.
How To Make Dead Sea Salt Body Scrub?
It is easy to prepare Dead Sea salt scrub at home. You can also buy commercially available products online. However preparing at home is substantially cheap. If you do not live in the area, where Dead Sea salt is available, it can be procured online.
- ½ cup Dead Sea salt.
- ½ cup finely grounded Oats.
- 2 tablespoon of almond oil or coconut oil.
Method: mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Now with the help of your finger or loofah, apply the prepared scrub all over the body. Start from the lower extremity and work upwards. Apply the mixture in circular motion. Allow it to remain for a while and take tepid shower. After shower apply good moisturizer.
A word of caution: do not apply the Dead Sea salt scrub after shaving or when there are cuts and bruises on the skin as it may cause irritation and burning.