When people picture out the lips, what comes to mind is an image of a celebrity or a model with plump, red or pink lips. These lips can be anybody’s lips with the right natural remedies. Depending on sex and race, the lips can vary in color, shape, and sizes. However, the lips of youth are always plump and soft.
Remedies for Beautiful Lips
There is no single definition for beautiful lips. The criteria of what beautiful lips are vary from person to person. It can be agreed, however, that beautiful lips are always attractive lips. There are natural remedies that can be easily practiced or observed daily to keep the lips beautiful.
- For darkened lips, lemon juice can be applied to the lips on a daily basis until the dark tint disappears and is replaced by a light natural tint.
- For chapped or cracked lips, rose petals with butter applied on the lips at bedtime can restore the lips’ membranes.
- To keep lips rosy and soft, coriander leaf juice can be massaged to the lips daily.
- Use milk cream or the curd that develops when boiling milk and apply it to the lips, leaving it for ten minutes and then rinsing it with lukewarm water. This helps keep lips smooth and rosy.
- Make a paste using glycerin and rose leaves and apply to the lips every day before going to bed. This brings back the lip’s natural color.
- Lip balm or boroline applied to the lips everyday especially during harsh weather or changing climates can prevent lips to become dry, chapped, and cracked.
Tips to Get Beautiful Lips
There are many habits and practices learned over the years growing up that can change the natural appearance of the lips. What used to be naturally soft, plump and pink lips can turn into thin, darkened, and chapped lips without proper care. There are simple tips that can be practiced to keep the lips looking naturally beautiful.
- Protect the lips from UV rays. When choosing lip balms or other lip products, always choose those that contain SPF. The lips can just as easily burn as skin does.
- Practice regular exfoliation of the lips. The proper way to do this is by using a soft baby toothbrush with light cream and brushing over the lips for gentle and effective exfoliation.
- Always rehydrate. Dehydration can darken the lips and it loses its natural moisture. Drinking plenty of fluids in a day can keep the lips hydrated avoid dryness that can lead to chapping of the lips.
- Lip balms and other lip products that contain vitamin-E or enriched with vitamin-E are beneficial to the lips.
- Avoid applying testers directly on the lips because it might contain microorganisms coming from previous individuals testing the product.
- Eat healthy. Stock up on vitamin A enriched foods such as green leafy vegetables, carrots, tomatoes, legumes, and whole grains.