How to Grow Taller Naturally
Men and women reach their final adult height at different ages. Until the epiphysial plates of the bones seal up, there will be opportunity for growth. There are a number of ways to help ensure that a person reaches the ideal height naturally without the help of pills and supplements.
Girls will stop growing at the average age of 18 and boys reach their ultimate height at age 21. These are variable numbers, however and some girls will keep growing till they are 21 and some boys until their mid-20s.
The epiphysis is the one responsible for how tall a person grows. Until this plate solidifies and calcifies, the long bones can keep on growing making a person grow taller.
Grow Taller Naturally
A person’s height is going to be determined by many different factors. These can be divided into two sections.
- Nature. This refers to a person’s genetic traits. Without any external factor, kids are likely to grow as tall as their parents.
- Nurture. There are certain activities that can help stimulate growth while the epiphysial has not yet calcified.
Here are some ways that can help a person ensure that he reaches the maximum height possible.
- Participate in Sports that Stimulate Epiphysial Growth. These can include active sports like basketball, baseball, tennis, track, football, volleyball, etc.
- Weight Training and Improving Muscle Tone. The muscles support the bone and can help them grow stronger.
- Cardio Exercises. These can keep the heart healthy and can also help stimulate bone growth.
- Keeping a Healthy and Well Balanced Diet. This involves a diet rich in vitamins and minerals from fresh fruits and vegetables. It is also important to take enough carbohydrate, calcium, and proteins.
- Getting Enough Sleep and Rest. Most growth occurs in sleep so it is important to get enough sleep that will promote bone growth. At least 7.5 or 9 hours of sleep a day can help increase someone’s chances of growing taller.
How to Grow Taller Fast
Children can undergo phases known as ‘Growth Gaps’ when the height growth stalls as the body focuses on the other systems aside from the bones and the ‘Growth Spurt’ years where growth seems to occur overnight.
Unfortunately, these periods cannot be rushed naturally and without risking permanent damage to the skeletal system. The best thing that can be done is to give the epiphysial as much stimulation as is healthy and to keep the body nourished.