Do you struggle to get out of bed or feel drained and overly tired frequently, than you are far from being alone? Researchers have revealed that at least one in four person feel worn out due to the pace and intensity of modern life. Feeling overly tired can be demoralizing and at times frustrating.
Fatigue and exhaustion for a long period of time can have serious impact on your physical and mental health. Medical conditions and lifestyle changes both can cause fatigue and tiredness for long duration. Change in dietary pattern and lifestyle or attending a medical problem will help to bring back energy that you were constantly longing for.
What Are The Causes Of Feeling Tired All The Time?
Feeling overly tired all the time can result from many causes. Some of them are due to lifestyle changes whereas many others are caused as a result of medical condition.
- Lack of sleep: It is one of the causes of feeling fatigued all the time. When you do not have proper 7 hours sleep, you do not replenish energy levels that were lost while you were awake.
- No exercise: Avoiding exercise because you are tired in fact makes the things worse. Regular exercise makes the heart and lung function more efficiently. Good blood circulation delivers oxygen and vital nutrients around the body.
- Iron deficiency: Deficiency of iron is common in women due to heavy bleeding as one of the cause. If you are anemic with low hemoglobin level, the body cells may not be supplied with enough oxygen and other nutrients. This may result in tiredness.
- Caffeine addiction: All caffeinated drinks although give a pick me up sensation in the beginning, in actuality it makes you feel more tired once the initial surge wears off.
- Dehydration: Losing body fluid due to diarrhea, sweating, vomiting and fever can cause extreme exhaustion.
- Medical causes: Medical conditions such as obstructive sleep apnea, heart failure, thyroid disease, diabetes, malnutrition etc can lead to frequent episodes of tiredness.
Symptoms Of Being Overly Tired
When you are overly tired you may develop following symptoms:
- Excessive irritability.
- Sleepiness all the time.
- Depressed feeling.
- Pale face, tongue and eyelids due to anemia.
- Mild hallucination.
- Avoidance of normal daily work.
- Difficulty in execution of given task
- Blurring of vision.
- Nausea and loss of appetite.
- Loss of interest in pleasurable things.
- Gets bored easily.
- Avoids socializing with people.
- Muscle and joint pains.
- Difficulty in concentrating.
- Lacks motivation.
Natural Ways To Stop Being Tired All The Time
Feeling overly tiredness and exhaustion can occur due to many reasons. Certain causes such as lifestyle changes can be altered at home while some medical causes may require professional help. Here are some easy steps to stop feeling tired.
- If you are feeling tired due to lack of exercise, force yourself for a brief walk for 20 minutes daily. It helps release of feel good hormones that recharges you for the day.
- Develop good sleeping habits. Go to bed at fixed time and take at least 7 to 8 hours undisturbed sleep. Have relaxing bath or a cup of warm milk before you go to sleep.
- Avoid drinking coffee and other caffeinated drinks six hours before sleep.
- If you are dehydrated try to drink water every two to three hours. Add lemon juice, or mint leaves or basil leaves juice to it. Make the drink refreshing to lighten up your day.
- Avoid sugar and sugary products. Avoid white flour bread and pastas. Choose whole grain bread such as granary bread, whole meal pasta, and brown rice.
- Include protein containing foods in your diet. Egg, lean meat, lentils and pulses are good source of protein.
- Avoid stressful activities. Try to slowdown when you are stressed.
- Indian gooseberry, potatoes, apples, oranges, is considered effective remedies for treating fatigue and tiredness.