Cellulite is more of a cosmetic condition rather than any medical problem. This aesthetic puzzle can predominantly affect overweight as well as thin women. It commonly occurs on thighs, buttocks, abdomen and arms. Cellulite appears as bumpy and uneven dimpled skin due to uneven displacement of fat under the skin. It looks similar to orange peel or cottage cheese surface.
Several factors contribute development of cellulite such as total body fat, genetics, growing age, smoking, diet etc. Although cellulite is harmless, many women feel apprehensive to wear shorts and bikinis when they have cellulite on the back of thighs and buttocks because of its unattractive appearance.
There are several ways to get rid of or at least minimize its appearance. It can be managed with home remedies and simple exercise. The results are promising if cellulite treatment begins in its early stage.
What Causes Cellulite On Back Of Thighs?
Cellulite is commonly seen in women than in men. The condition can prevail in lean as well as obese women. Women of all age can have cellulite, but it majorly affects as they get older.
The bumpy and dimpled skin develops on thighs and abdomen because the displaced fat gets trapped in the fibrous band which helps the skin to maintain its strength and distributes fat evenly under the skin. As the fibrous band gets compressed and hard, it affects the blood circulation, thus resulting in formation of cellulite.
Cellulite is genetically associated; therefore if your mother has cellulite on thighs, you are likely to develop the same. Several other factors influence development of cellulite such as total amount of fat in your body, smoking, hormonal changes, unhealthy diet, growing age, slow metabolism, low level of physical activity.
Wearing tight underwear can constrict the blood vessels around the buttocks and thigh. It increases the risk of development of cellulite.
How To Get Rid Of Cellulite On Back Of Thighs?
Although cellulite is not a dangerous health issue, many women dislike lumpy and dimply skin on their back of thigh and other visible areas. Some beauty conscious women are obsessed to get rid of cellulite even though it means to spend a lot of money.
Getting rid of cellulite is not that difficult, as there are several inexpensive home remedies and exercise techniques available. However, the treatment is more effective if it is started soon after the occurrence of cellulite.
- Eat a healthy diet comprising of protein and unsaturated fats. Diet should consist of vegetables and fruits grown organically as it helps to remove the toxin built up. The antioxidants present in them are effective in strengthening the skin. It also increases burning of fat after exercise.
- Wear loose fitting underwear and thongs.
- You should avoid smoking at all costs.
- Massage juniper oil mixed in olive oil on the back of thigh. It helps to flush of retention of fluids thus reducing the cellulite. Massage with it two times in a day.
- Cayenne pepper increases blood circulation and increases metabolic activity. It also helps in eliminating toxins from the body.
- Eat salmon due to its antioxidant property. Omega 3 present in salmon is useful to keep the skin smooth and repair the damaged underlying fibrous bands.
- Exercise regularly to reduce appearance of cellulite on the back of thigh. Include exercises that make the hamstring muscles strong. Cardio, kick boxing, leg curls, and swimming are few exercises that are found effective to get rid of cellulite specifically from the back of thigh.