Cellulite is characterized by skin that is pinched and dimpled. Cellulite is usually seen as dimpled, bumpy flesh on the thighs, abdomen and buttocks. It is commonest in adolescent and adult women; and is very frequently described as ‘orange rind’ texture.
Cellulite isn’t a serious medical condition; nevertheless, it can be decidedly ugly and unattractive.
Researchers are still looking up possible medical treatments to manage cellulite. In the meantime, you can take certain steps to improve the appearance of cellulite to some extent.
Causes Of Cellulite: There are fibrous connective cords which rope the skin to the underlying muscle, with fat lying in-between. When fat cells build up, they push up against the skin, and the fibrous connective cords pull downwards. This results in dimpling of the skin.
How To Get Rid Of Cellulite On Buttocks?
The following guidelines will help you reduce the unsightly appearance of cellulite:
- Weight loss: Is the most beneficial and effective treatment for cellulite.
- Lasers and radio-frequency systems: Possibly the most favorable therapy is one comprising of lasers and radio-frequency systems. One system combines tissue massage, radio frequency technology and IR light whilst the other combines tissue massage with diode laser energy. A third system uses radio-frequency at deep and superficial levels simultaneously to treat cellulite. You need several sessions for apparent results.
- Liposuction: For liposuction, the surgeon will introduce a thin tube under the skin via minute incisions and then suction out fat cells. Laser-assisted liposuction is a newer, less invasive form which gets rid of fat cells whilst tightening the skin and may be an effective cellulite treatment.
- Topical treatment: Topical applications are beneficial to some extent. Daily application of 0.3 % retinol cream helps improve the appearance of cellulite after a period of 6 months.
- Vigorous massage: Helps increase blood flow, gets rid of toxins and decreases extra fluid in cellulite-prone areas. Thus, all these help reduce the unsightly and unattractive appearance of the skin significantly. A massage technique known as Lipomassage makes use of a hand-held device that kneads the cellulite-affected skin between rollers. You will perceive a marginal improvement in the skin after this treatment, but the results are characteristically short-term and you will need repeated sessions.
- Mesotherapy: This comprises of introducing a solution containing a blend of enzymes, hormones, aminophylline, herbal extracts, vitamins and minerals in to the skin. However, this therapy is fraught with a few undesirable side effects, such as, rash, infection, and bumpy skin contour.
- Cellulite creams: These creams contain vitamins, minerals, herbal extracts and anti-oxidants. They are widely popular; on the other hand no studies demonstrate that these creams proffer any enhancement of the skin.