When you embark on to a weight loss regimen, the lower abdomen area is unluckily the last to burn the stored fat. The only way to get rid of the abdominal pooch is by incorporating a healthy diet with a regular exercise routine.
- To eliminate the undesirable fat around the belly, opt for – leg raises, windmills, ab pull ups, vacuum pose, reverse crunches and obliques; all these target the lower abdomen.
- Camel pose: It is an excellent Yoga Asnana to get rid of the ugly fat depots around the lower belly. What’s more, this exercise works quickly, giving rapid desired results. Kneel on to your mat. Keep your spine erect and inhale; then exhale and very slowly bend backwards and grasp your heels with your hands. Relax the neck and push the thighs outwards. Hold for a minute and release. This Asana works effectively on the abdominal muscles making them taut and toned.
- Trikonasana: Is another fabulous Asana to tone up the sagging lower belly. Stand on the yoga mat with the feet wide apart. Turn the left foot outwards.
Causes Of Lower Belly Pooch
A sagging lower abdomen belly occurs due to:
- Sedentary lifestyle with no exercise.
- Sudden rapid weight loss.
- Irregular and fatty diet.
- Post pregnancy
- Advancing age
How To Get Rid Of Lower Belly Pooch?
- It’s a good idea to have your body fat percentage measured. You can do this at the doctor’s office or the gym.
- Keep track of your waist size; as the belly loses fat, your waist will become smaller. By writing down measurements, you can keep track of your progress.
- Eat 4 to 5 small, healthy meals; this helps perk up your metabolic rate and also keep cravings at bay. Have whole grain cereals, loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meat, legumes and nuts. Steer clear of fatty and greasy foods.
- Have plenty of water. Water keeps you hydrated, makes you feel full as well as flushes out your system.
- Include half hour of cardiovascular exercise, at least 3 times week. Options include – walking, jogging, aerobics, swimming, and exercising on the elliptical machine, treadmill, or stationary bike.
- Half an hour of weight training, 3 times a week is recommended. Reducing fat all over the body is the only way you’ll lose that belly flab.
- Suck in your belly and hold it tight. Do this as often as you can through the day. It is a very effective belly toner. This exercise targets the lower abdominal pooch and can be done whilst watching T.V. or working at the computer.
- Most importantly, you need to maintain your results by adhering to a healthy lifestyle – ensure that you eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly; also you need to incorporate a stress busting technique in to your daily routine, given that stress plays a pivotal role in the accumulation of fat.