Loose belly muscles, sudden weight loss or excessive fat depots, extra skin, and a relaxed pelvic girdle generate the hanging belly. Here’s how you have make the abdomen muscle taut, tighten the pelvic girdle and burn calories rapidly.
After sudden weight loss the skin around the belly stretches out. Toning up the muscles around the abdomen, help the stretched-out skin bounce back to normal.
Alterations in your daily menu, following an exercise routine, and good lifestyle options add up to inch loss and a toned abdomen.
Common causes and etiological factors for hanging stomach include:
- Sudden weight loss
- Post pregnancy
- A hanging stomach could be indicative of an unhealthy lifestyle.
- Weight that tends to fluctuate frequently also causes a hanging stomach.
Natural Ways To Tighten Loose Stomach Skin
- A good cardio workout – walking, running, jogging, bicycling or elliptical burns loads of calories. Burning calories is the most optimal way to battle a huge bulge.
- Target the loose core muscles – you could opt for Pilates or Yoga.
- Lie on the mat, on your back with the knees bent. Inhale; and raise the pelvis towards the ceiling slowly whilst exhaling. The upper back and shoulders remain on the floor throughout only the pelvis is raised. Do 10 to 12 repetitions.
- Consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables; opt for non-fat dairy products and lean proteins. Consume only mono-saturated fats; use olive oil or canola oil for cooking. Eliminate trans fats from the diet altogether; that means steer clear of cakes, cookies and biscuits.
- Never skip meals, eat every 2 hours. Skipping meals causes you to hold on to fat, given that, it slows down the metabolism. Snack on fresh fruits, dry fruits and nuts. They make you feel satiated without piling on any calories.
- It is very vital to stay well hydrated. Drink plenty of water. When you’re well hydrated, the skin’s elasticity improves. Aim for 12 glasses every day. Also, incorporate loads of juices, soups and broths.
- Along with the usual abdominal exercises, Yoga Asanas pep up the belly-reduction workout routine. All fitness enthusiasts recommend the plank pose, camel pose and cat pose for an intense tummy workout.
- For the plank pose – lie on the yoga mat, place your hands near the chest. Raise the entire body off the floor and place your feet out behind you in a plank position such that the body is parallel to the floor. Hold for as long as comfortable and try to increase the duration each time you do the asana.
- For the camel pose – kneel on to the yoga mat. Start arching backwards very slowly, and gasp the heels with your hands. Hold the pose at least for 30 seconds. Repeat.
- For the cat pose – get on to your hands and knees. Inhale and round up the spine like a cat, pulling the stomach muscles towards the spine. Then exhale and arch the spine, such that a concave develops. Do 10 to 15 repetitions.