Can Fitness Levels be Measured
Measuring fitness levels are important to anyone who wants to start working out. It can help set goals and will also help tract an individual’s progress.
- It is important to determine baseline measurements before starting to work out
- Several charts and calculation tables can be used to measure our a person’s fitness levels
- This can be done by a professional trainer or by a fitness expert
Reasons Why It’s Necessary to Measure Fitness Levels
- When a person is about to do endurance training or weigh training
- When a person is being tested for cardiovascular and muscular fitness
- When a person joins the gym for the first time
Here are some tests that help measure endurance:
- Body Fat Percentage
- Resting Heart Rate
- 12 Minute Walk
- Wet Footprint test – assess a person’s foot type and strike pattern when running
- Vertical jump
- Wall Sit
- Waist to Hip Ratio – helps assess the distribution of body fat
The Resting Heart Rate is perhaps the most important sign of fitness; it can be measured through these ways:
- To get the resting heart rate, a person must measure their heart rate after waking up while still lying in bed.
- This is done because the body is most relaxed during this time.
- Take the pulse rate on the wrist or the radial artery
- Count the beats for a period of 15 seconds and multiply this by 4 to get the per minute rate
The resting rate can be used to measure a person’s ideal fat burning rate.
Simple Ways to Improve Fitness Levels
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Do weight training
- Eat healthy
- Get enough sleep
- Patients who exercise should also increase the difficulty and tolerance levels of the exercises that they perform to keep the body from getting used to one activity.
- Switching from one activity to another can help as well.