Today most people have become weight conscious, especially the over weights. Obese people strive hard to lose some pounds and for that they indulge in anything that is possible. Of course when we are discussing about weight loss, the first thing that strike the mind is exercise. Workout has become favorite exercise mode among weight watchers.
Having said this, some people even after incorporating workout plan are not able to lose their weight. So what goes wrong? Let us know the reasons why some people are not able to shed their extra pound even when they perform workouts regularly.
Reasons For Not Losing Weight Even After Working Out
Here are some of the reasons why you may not be losing weight even though you are working out:
- We all know engaging in physical exercise will burn calories.
- Watch if you are overeating. Overeating can destabilize your weight loss program to large extent. Overeating will prevent weight loss even though you are regularly attending gym. The thumb rule for losing weight is your calorie intake must be less than calorie expenditure. This does not mean you need to stay hungry or count caloric value of all items that you eat. Just be conscious of what you are eating and when to stop. Chew your food slowly so that it will help you feel satiated as your stomach fills up. Avoid three large meals and instead eat small amount of food 5 to 6 times in a day. This will reduce sudden ups and downs in sugar level and reduce hunger pangs.
- Avoid too much of cardio: Move your body or lose your body. It is important to do some form of cardio exercise in your daily routine. Walking, running, swimming, cycling are various forms of cardio exercises. Cardio exercise has its own benefits such as it helps to keep heart healthy, uplifts your mood, boosts metabolism, etc. However, overdoing cardio will not be more beneficial in your management aim. This is because you may lose your lean muscle mass, which in fact is required to rave up your metabolic activity and hence burning of calories. So keep cardio exercise for three days and rest three days practice strength training.
- Include strength training exercise in your routine workouts. It helps to build muscle mass. When you have sufficient muscle mass your body will burn more calories and fats. So try weight lifting and other forms of strength training exercises.
- Give adequate rest to your body after workouts. Exercise for six days in a week. Give one day rest to your body. Actually during the resting period your body starts burning excess of fat.