There is still hope for those who have wrinkles and sagging skin around the eyes – laser surgery can easily correct that problem. Laser surgery is not just for correcting sight problems but can also be used for esthetic purposes.
Eyelid Laser Surgery
- Those who have sagging skin and/or wrinkles around the eyes are prime candidates for eyelid surgery.
- This laser surgery is now preferred over the conventional cosmetic surgery procedures.
- Laser surgery is safe.
- Laser surgery has the least risk of blood loss during and after the procedure. The reason for this is that the surgeon will use a very thin beam of light to cut through the skin. This laser beam cauterizes the wound so that open skin is sealed, producing very minimal or no blood loss at all.
- The procedure also lasts only a few hours, much less than traditional methods. Often, the patient will not be required to stay in the hospital after the surgery.
- This high-end surgery allows faster recovery.
- There is also less post-operative bruising in laser surgery compared with the traditional methods.
Upper Eyelid Laser Surgery
- When it comes to surgery of the upper eyelid, laser is still considered to be safest and most effective tool.
- In upper eyed surgery, the surgeon will remove the excess fat deposits and loose skin that causes the eyelids to droop.
- This upper eyelid surgery is more common among older adults than younger people. The reason for this is that older people do tend to have fat deposits around their eyelids or develop wrinkles.
Double Eyelid Laser Surgery
- This procedure is commonly undergone by many Asians who have naturally droopy and puffy eyelids.
- It can be used to reshape the upper eyelids, not just take away the fat deposits.
Overview of Blepharoplasty
- Blepharoplasty is another name for eyelid laser surgery.
- Blepharoplasty is performed on the upper eyelid or the lower eyelid of a person.
- The overall goal of blepharoplasty is to provide people with a rejuvenated appearance by removing the unsightly sagging or puffy skin around the eyes.
- While blepharoplasty is extremely beneficial, it is always important to make a trip to a facial plastic surgeon and have a check up as necessary with any other surgery. That way the plastic surgeon would be able to assess the amount of work needed or not needed.