Similar to various other parts of body such as nose and ears eye too have different shapes and size. One of such variety is hooded eyes. The term hooded eyes is used to describe the eyelids. The basic feature of hooded eyes is excess of skin fold from the brow bone to the eyelashes of the upper eyelid.
Causes of Hooded Eyes:
Hooded eyes usually occur naturally in many people. It is since birth. It is also called bedroom eyes as more often the eyes appear drowsy as if you have just got up from your sleep.
Your eyes may appear drowsy and hooded if you are suffering from certain neurological disorders. Hooded eyes can be manifestation of eye injury. Eye allergy can also cause hooded eyes for a temporary period of time.
How To Get Rid Of Hooded Eyes:
Hooded eyes are more of a cosmetic concern for the person. There are several ways and techniques that may help to diminish appearance of hooded eyelids. Some of them consist of use of natural home remedies while few other measures such as use makeup techniques to camouflage the drowsy looking eyes. Plastic surgery can also help to limit appearance of hooded eyes.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is time tested home remedy for resolving hooded eyes that may appear temporary due to frequent eye strain. If you are working on a computer or in front of a bright light for several hours constantly, your eyes may get fatigue and tired. In such situation they appear drowsy and hooded. Place cucumber slice over closed eyes for 15 minutes regularly. Preferably chilled slice of cucumber is better.
- Chamomile tea: This tea has anti inflammatory properties. Apply topically chilled chamomile tea over the lids for 15 minutes. The best way is to put chilled chamomile tea bag over the closed eyes for best results. The soothing as well as anti inflammatory property of this tea helps to get rid of hooded eyes if caused due to eye strain.
- Aloe vera gel: Apply aloe vera gel over the lids. The calming effect of aloe vera de-stresses your eyes. It thus is beneficial for minimizing the appearance of hooded eyes.
- Egg white: Apply egg white over the excess of skin over the eyelid. It must be applied in very less amount. Keep your eyes closed when applied. Tell someone else to apply it. After 10 to 15 minutes, wash your eyes with cool water. Practice this at least 4 times in a week for promising result. Egg white has properties that help to tighten your skin.
- Adequate sleep: Sleeping adequately for 7 to 8 hours has positive effect on health as well as beauty. Sometime hooded eyes can result from lack of sleep and fatigue. Once fatigue and stress reduces, you will notice your hooded eyes disappear.
Few makeup tricks can make your eyes wider if you are having hooded eyes.
- Apply some dark shade across the upper eyelid and in corner of the eye. Use the shade till your brow bone. Also apply little of the shade on your lower line of eye lashes. Apply a coat of mascara on top of the lash so that the eyes become more prominent.
- Apply liner slightly higher on the upper lid than you normally apply.
- Apply shadow slightly above the lid so it creates a crease which in actuality is not present because of hooded eyes.