The face is the part of the body that is most easily noticed by others. Thus, it is also one of the reasons why a person can become self conscious, especially when there are abnormalities or problems affecting it. Among the problems encountered by people regarding their faces is having swollen eyes.
Swollen Eyes and Forehead
- So, what happened? Why are the eyes and forehead swollen? Well, there are a number of reasons why this happens.
- These problems might come together or independent of each other. Still, these could be merely signs of an underlying problem that should be diagnosed correctly so that the proper treatment will be provided.
- Why would a person experience a swollen forehead?
- Sunburn is among the common reasons why people experience this condition
- Sinusitis and infections of the meninges could also cause this problem.
- Other problems include:
- Irritation or allergies
- Bug bites
Causes of Swollen Eyes
The following are some of the possible causes of swollen eyes:
- Insect and bug bites
- Edema because of certain ailments
- Conjunctivitis or inflammation of the surface of the eye
- Blepharitis or inflammation of the eyelids
- Wearing contact lenses
- Frequent rubbing of the eyes
Swollen Eyes Remedy
- The eyes are among the most important parts of the body.
- Therefore, finding remedies to swollen eyes can help provide relief as soon as possible to prevent complications.
- Remember, complications from eye problems might lead to vision loss or problems.
- To best provide a remedy to the ailment, it is a good idea to first identify the underlying cause or problem. That way, the exact treatment can be provided.
Swollen Eyes Treatment
Treatments of swollen eyes include the following:
- Using warm compress to improve circulation. However, take care not to use very hot compress.
- If the problem is due to sunburn, applying cold compress can help in reducing the swelling.
- If there are infections that had caused the swelling, treatment of these through antibiotics will surely reduce the swelling.
- If the area around the eyes and forehead are stung by insects or bugs, these could be soothed using refrigerated tea bags or freshly cut cucumbers.