The condition of the eyes can sometimes be a surefire way to identify what a person is feeling or to identify the current emotional state the person is in. Whenever a person is tired, stressed, angry, sad, worried, or happy, it can easily be distinguished by the look of a person’s eyes.
What are Tired Eyes?
- Refers to eyes that take on a tired, haggard, exhausted, or stressed look.
- This can be manifest through various symptoms.
- There are many factors that cause eyes to take on a tired appearance including environmental causes, diet, and heredity and phyisiological causes.
- The environment plays a big role in straining the eyes. Environment factors include:
- Stress at home or at the workplace.
- Staring at the computer or television for long periods.
- Excessive reading without the proper glasses or without proper lighting.
- Environmental pollution
- Inadequate corneal supply of oxygen.
- Dietary habits also contribute to a tired appearance of the eyes. These include:
- Poor water intake.
- Excess intake of salt-rich foods.
- Vitamin deficiencies.
- Poor water intake.
- Heredity and the natural physiology of the human body can also result in tired looking eyes.
- Genetics can predetermine whether a person will easily develop puffiness, swelling, and even discoloration of the eyes.
- Age also causes the thinning and sagging of the skin around the eyes causing a tired or old-looking appearance.
Tired Eyes Symptoms
People who have tired eyes often complain of the following symptoms:
- Burning sensation of the eyes.
- Watery eyes
- Eye heaviness
- Eye redness
- Eye dryness
- Blurring or doubling of vision
- Eye itchiness
- Eye irritations
- Sore eyes
Tired Eyes Remedy
The solution to tired looking eyes is quite simple. The following are some effective remedies for tired-looking eyes.
- Take two cool or refrigerated spoons and place them over the eyes for a few minutes. This helps reduce eye puffiness.
- Dip two cotton balls in milk, tea water, or water with 2 drops of lavender oil and place it over tired eyes.
- Add a tiny amount of boric acid to two cups of water. Once the solution is cool enough, wash the eyes with it.
- Use cold water to wash the eyes regularly to help reduce the tired-looking appearance.
- Slice cucumbers and place it over the eyelids for immediate relief.