The avocado is a delightful fruit, which offers several significant health and cosmetic benefits. The avocado oil, which has a nutty aroma, works wonders for the hair. Avocado oil contains protein and vitamins A, D, E and B6 along with folic acid, amino acids, manganese, and iron, all of which promote hair growth and give adequate nourishment.
Avocado oil adds tremendous shine and luster to your hair as well as prevents hair loss and encourages good hair growth. Furthermore, the pulp of the fruit is decidedly beneficial too, especially when applied as a nourishing mask to your hair.
Bananas too provide countless health and cosmetic benefits. It is a versatile fruit which provides you with many nutrients including vitamins A, B complex, C and E, zinc, potassium, iron and manganese.
Avocado and banana are excellent for dry, damaged and brittle hair. They help manage lack luster hair, split ends, as well as hair fall. Avocado revitalizes and hydrates the hair from the roots; whilst banana conditions the hair making it shiny.
How To Use Banana And Avocado For Dry Hair?
You can use avocado and banana in a host of ways to yield optimal benefits. Here are a few recipes:
- Blend together 5 spoons of avocado oil with 2 spoons of olive oil. Warm and massage in to your scalp and hair. Soak a towel in warm water and wring it. Wrap the warm towel around your head tightly, and leave it for about 15 minutes. After an hour shampoo and condition your hair.
- Blend 1 avocado fruit, 1 spoon of yogurt and juice of half a lime. Apply this mask to your roots as well as hair. Leave on for an hour. Rinse off with cold water.
- Blend half an avocado, 1 banana and 3 spoons of honey. Apply this pack to your hair; leave on for half an hour and then wash off.
Banana And Avocado Mask For Dry Hair
Banana is packed with vitamin B complex, potassium, iron, natural oils, and carbohydrates which help soften the hair and protect its natural elasticity, preventing split ends and breakage. Banana provides your hair with a sheen, manageability, growth and also wards off hair fall and dandruff successfully.
- Mix one banana, half an avocado and some coconut milk. Apply it to the scalp and hair and leave on for half an hour. This blend promises to condition damaged hair; making it soft and lustrous.
- An alternative to this is blending 1 banana with 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Banana softens the hair and cocoa brings out the hair’s natural color remarkably.
- Another effective hair pack is the pulp of one banana mixed with 5 spoons of avocado oil or almond oil and one egg white. Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes; then rinse off with a mild shampoo. This recipe is an excellent hair conditioner. It nourishes your scalp with the choicest of nutrients and imparts a wonderful glow and sheen to your hair, giving them a nice bounce.
Whenever you use banana for your hair mask, ensure that it is in a complete puree form and there are no chunks. Also, do not let the mask dry completely on the hair. It should still be somewhat moist when you wash your hair so that you can easily rinse off the banana which tends to stick to the hair and scalp.