Balding is a process of hair loss which affects almost 50% of all males. Balding can be a very distressing condition which is characterized by significant loss of hair, also referred to as male pattern of balding. On the other hand, some individuals may suffer from bald patches or alopecia patches that are the result of a set of hair lost in the form of a tuff and may not be essentially be related to the more diffused balding process.
The root of the hair is present inside the hair follicle while the shaft grows out of the hair follicle on to the surface of the skin. Each hair follicle needs essential vitamins, blood and other nutrients to grow healthily. Contemporary techniques of treating bald patches involve the extensive use of hair replacement techniques, which are very expensive and have a limited effectiveness and fortunately there are a host of home remedies that can help you get rid of bald spot on head.
Causes Of Bald Spots On Head
There are a wide range of factors that can lead to bald spots on head, however in general reduced nutritional and blood supply to the hair follicle can result in hair loss and cause bald spots. There are certain conditions that are linked with bald spots on head,
- Prolonged illness like typhoid or jaundice or convalescence from a major surgery may be associated with bald spots on the scalp.
- Hormonal imbalances observed during menopause and andropause, thyroid dysfunction, adrenal insufficiency, etc can be associated with bald spots. Excessive use of steroids may also be linked with balding spots on the scalp.
- Nutritional deficiencies, most commonly observed after a long religious fast regimen, fad diet, etc is also a common cause. Women especially breast feeding mothers, suffer from bald spots immediately after birth, due to alteration in hormones and rising nutritional requirements.
- Bacterial and parasitic infections can also trigger hair loss and contribute to formation of bald spots.
Heredity also plays a vital role in formation of bald spots on the scalp, though these are more diffused and associated with male pattern balding.
Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Bald Spot On Head
Diet and lifestyle correction plays a vital role in the management of bald spots. In addition, there are a host of home remedies that can be used promptly for the management of bald spots on head,
- Massaging the scalp regularly with coconut oil is considered to help in the treatment of bald spots. Massaging in circular motion triggers blood supply to the scalp and thereby prompts the growth of hair follicles. Further add a few drops of bay essential oil and almond oil and massage the scalp to improve the nutritional supply to the scalp.
- Local application of milk cream mixed with camphor or onion juice is a vital treatment for bald spots. Milk cream provides essential nutrients to promote the growth of hair while camphor or onion juice stimulates the skin and enhances blood supply.
- Local application of honey is also considered a useful treatment. Honey performs a dual action. One honey is a strong anti-microbial and helps curb bacterial and parasitic infection. Honey also has a lubricating effect on the scalp and supplies it with vital nutrients.
- Local application of freshly squeezed lemon juice is also considered very vital in management of bald patches. Lemon juice acts as a natural skin tonic and helps in treatment of dandruff which is one of the leading causes for hair loss.